Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone keeping a journal/diary during lockdown?

@ECBG wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Yes. It is rather mundane, and notes things like you see on the news, prices, shortages, etc in my area, and daily things we are doing (or not). I journal the day's events as routine anyway, but adding in more about the current status of the crisis. 

@Mominohio I don't even open threads on current events here.  I don't  like coming here to see current events smack me in the face while I have breakfast.   

We ALL HAVE NEWS FEEDS FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!

@ECBG wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Yes. It is rather mundane, and notes things like you see on the news, prices, shortages, etc in my area, and daily things we are doing (or not). I journal the day's events as routine anyway, but adding in more about the current status of the crisis. 

@Mominohio I don't even open threads on current events here.  I don't  like coming here to see current events smack me in the face while I have breakfast.   

We ALL HAVE NEWS FEEDS FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!!

@ECBG 

Not sure I understand your reply. 

If you don't like seeing current events, I guess you need to go hide under a rock, because they are everywhere now. TV, papers, magazines, social media, and forums like this. LIke it or not , we all live in the current event, and it's a big one. You, like everyone else have the option to not open something, and torture yourself.

I simply responded to the OP asking if anyone is keeping a journal during the lockdown. Why should the fact that people do so elicit your response? I'm serious, I maybe am reading it totally different than you intended it to read. 

All throughout history, people have documented in journals and letters and writings, the historic times and the every day times in which they are living. It has provided a treasure trove of information about what people are doing, feeling, experiencing, battling, winning, during the various events in their lives. It makes the oftentimes boring statistics and facelessness of history more humand and real, and puts a face on it, and feelings to it. So why wouldn't those who want to, be documenting their journey during this once in a 100 year kind of event? I mean, you don't have to read my journal if you don't want to? ! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not....journaling is just not my thing.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio I'm sorry that you didn't understand my post.  No offense was intended at all.

I meant that generally, it seems an over abundance of news items, some significant, some not, over saturate the boards.  Even if you don't go under Community, it is there in the forum summary. 

I enjoy the forums as a source or sharing and discussion about other topics.

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot  Thank you.  My 7 year old granddaughter is an "old soul" who loves music from the 60's...she is also a good little reader already.  So I think she will enjoy the history from the newspapers when she gets a little older.   

Honored Contributor

I am documenting things on my wall calendar regarding the number of cases in my county and the state of WV.   I hang onto my calendars for many years, and often refer back to them for accuracy.