Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a bone scan?

@Noel7 wrote:

My friend @Irshgrl31201

I showed lung abnormalities and a node for a couple of routine X-rays.  After time and continuing tests, it was determined they occurred during lupus flares.  Knowing that, they told me it was nothing to worry about.

I just did a quick scan on Crohn's and lungs, and discovered there can also be Crohn's lung side effects.  Just wanted to let you know.  I was treated with steroids for the node and it went down.

I wish you didn't have to go through this worry, you are in my prayers.

Yes, my doctor did tell me that many Crohns patients can develop problems with lungs including nodules. The reason she is being so proactive is because there were none in a chest CT about a couple months ago so she wants to be thorough. When I had pneumonia back in Dec, I was hospitalized with IV antibiotics and IV steroids. I recovered but the last couple of weeks I just cannot stop coughing again. What makes this so bad is each time I have had pneumonia the past couple of years, I also get a rib fracture. It is excruciating. She gave me more cough syrup which helps and it also has hydrocodone in it for the pain which does help and she also gave me more steroids. 

I appreciate the good wishes. I do try not to get too worried but I am a bit anxious. Besides the pneumonia my health has been pretty decent lately and I don't want to go back to being so ill again. It is just so mentally depressing and draining. I could use a couple more good months! I know I will be ok no matter what though.

Thanks again @Noel7 and everyone else who took time to respond!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Best wishes with this.  @Irshgrl31201

I had one @ 3 weeks ago.  Was having lots of extra pain in the knee I had replaced 10 years ago.  I fell because of some neurology issues and really banged it up.

Radioisotopes injected, no more than a regular IV injection, waited a while,  had the scan, my only job was to lie still on the table.  No pain.  Waited @ 1 1/2 hours drinking LOTS of fluid and then was told I could leave.  All together @4 hours - take a book, or something to do.  I had to have someone with me to drive me home - guess that could be different depending on the facility.

Unfortunately,  I did knock the prosthesis loose which leaves great access for another infection.  Having replacement / revision surgery within the next couple of months.

BLAH !!!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@I had one @ 3 weeks ago.  Was having lots of extra pain in the knee I had replaced 10 years ago.  I fell because of some neurology issues and really banged it up.

@Radioisotopes injected, no more than a regular IV injection, waited a while,  had the scan, my only job was to lie still on the table.  No pain.  Waited @ 1 1/2 hours drinking LOTS of fluid and then was told I could leave.  @all together @4 hours - take a book, or something to do.  I had to have someone with me to drive me home - guess that could be different depending on the facility.

Unfortunately,  I did knock the prosthesis loose which leaves great access for another infection.  Having replacement / revision surgery within the next couple of months.

BLAH !!!

4 hours??!! Wow, that is quite a while. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely bring a book. They didn't mention if I needed a driver but my husband is taking me. I told him I would be fine and could drive myself but he insisted. I hate for him to wait that long. I will tell him to bring a book too. 

So the scan showed problems and you have to get surgery? I am so sorry!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  when is the scan? Keeping you in my prayers.  

Esteemed Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  when is the scan? Keeping you in my prayers.  

I go on Wednesday @makeup addict. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that to you and everyone else.

JFK
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@I had one @ 3 weeks ago.  Was having lots of extra pain in the knee I had replaced 10 years ago.  I fell because of some neurology issues and really banged it up.

@Radioisotopes injected, no more than a regular IV injection, waited a while,  had the scan, my only job was to lie still on the table.  No pain.  Waited @ 1 1/2 hours drinking LOTS of fluid and then was told I could leave.  @all together @4 hours - take a book, or something to do.  I had to have someone with me to drive me home - guess that could be different depending on the facility.

BLAH !!!

4 hours??!! Wow, that is quite a while. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely bring a book. They didn't mention if I needed a driver but my husband is taking me. I told him I would be fine and could drive myself but he insisted. I hate for him to wait that long. I will tell him to bring a book too. 

So the scan showed problems and you have to get surgery? I am so sorry!

@Irshgrl31201

Well, thinking about it, I had it done in an out-patient department of a big hospital.  Had to go through admission dept. just as if  I were being admitted, and they kept saying how busy they were, but DH and I were the only ones in the waiting room. ( ? ). Maybe you won't have such a long wait!

He napped in one of the patient recliners as no one else was there who might want it.

Hope you have good news, yep, I have to have my old knee replacement replaced.  As I said,  BLAH

Best wishes!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

My friend @Irshgrl31201

I showed lung abnormalities and a node for a couple of routine X-rays.  After time and continuing tests, it was determined they occurred during lupus flares.  Knowing that, they told me it was nothing to worry about.

I just did a quick scan on Crohn's and lungs, and discovered there can also be Crohn's lung side effects.  Just wanted to let you know.  I was treated with steroids for the node and it went down.

I wish you didn't have to go through this worry, you are in my prayers.

Yes, my doctor did tell me that many Crohns patients can develop problems with lungs including nodules. The reason she is being so proactive is because there were none in a chest CT about a couple months ago so she wants to be thorough. When I had pneumonia back in Dec, I was hospitalized with IV antibiotics and IV steroids. I recovered but the last couple of weeks I just cannot stop coughing again. What makes this so bad is each time I have had pneumonia the past couple of years, I also get a rib fracture. It is excruciating. She gave me more cough syrup which helps and it also has hydrocodone in it for the pain which does help and she also gave me more steroids. 

I appreciate the good wishes. I do try not to get too worried but I am a bit anxious. Besides the pneumonia my health has been pretty decent lately and I don't want to go back to being so ill again. It is just so mentally depressing and draining. I could use a couple more good months! I know I will be ok no matter what though.

Thanks again @Noel7 and everyone else who took time to respond!

@Irshgrl31201

I understand, I'm with you in spirit.

Respected Contributor

wishing you all the best @Irshgrl31201

you'll do well, i know it! 

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201, I have only had the one to check for osteo, and other than some odd positions, there was nothing to it!  Hope the type you are having with show good results, good luck!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Irshgrl31201. Years ago, I had a thallium stress test for the heart where a radioactive isotope was injected via IV. I freaked about the idea of something radioactive in my system and that it would hurt. It was nothing. I also had to wait some time for the isotope to distribute Just remember to drink lots of water afterwards to get all that stuff out of your system.

Wishing you all the best for good results!