Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else hear from Synchrony?

@sunshine45

Sorry, I was meaning my bank account. I do get a paper CC statement from them but no envelope. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pamita wrote:

Received a letter from Synchrony bank stating a change to my Q Card Account Agreement.

In addition to raising APR , Penalty APR, and Returned Payment Fee they will now be charging $1.99 per month for the convenience of sending a paper statement.  

Not too happy with any of this.  I'm never late and pay in full each month but I'm not pleased to learn I'll have to pay to receive my bill in the mail.

Anyone else have views on this ?

When does thistake effect?  Got something from them but figured it was junk mail so tossed it.  Looks like I'll have to cancel my Qcard:  the audacity, to expect me to pay them for the pleasure of their sending me a billWoman Frustrated.  

Perhaps QVC/HSN may consider doing business with a different bank.  I would NEVER give Synchrony access to my checking account - just don't trust them with that information.Woman Mad

Occasional Contributor

As per my letter, this takes effect on 7/19/24

Annoying!!!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Pamita wrote:

Received a letter from Synchrony bank stating a change to my Q Card Account Agreement.

In addition to raising APR , Penalty APR, and Returned Payment Fee they will now be charging $1.99 per month for the convenience of sending a paper statement.  

Not too happy with any of this.  I'm never late and pay in full each month but I'm not pleased to learn I'll have to pay to receive my bill in the mail.

When does thistake effect?  Got something from them but figured it was junk mail so tossed it.  Looks like I'll have to cancel my Qcard:  the audacity, to expect me to pay them for the pleasure of their sending me a billWoman Frustrated.  

Perhaps QVC/HSN may consider doing business with a different bank.  I would NEVER give Synchrony access to my checking account - just don't trust them with that information.Woman Mad

They're not asking for asking to access your checking account.  Where did you get that?  They just want you to go to their portal to pull your statement rather than sending a paper one in the mail.

Valued Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Pamita wrote:

July 

Respected Contributor

you can print your statements yourself if you need physical paper for some reason

apologies if this was already stated.  i haven't read all the pages of this thread.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

I called Synchrony bank this morning and got paperless  set up for HSN and my QCard over the phone. They'll now notify me by email when my payment/amount is due. I'll just log on, get the amount and due date and pay in full through my bank, as always. I may stop using these cards at some point. Their main perk is easy pay which I rarely, if ever use. 

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@Pamita wrote:

They're not asking for asking to access your checking account.  Where did you get that?  They just want you to go to their portal to pull your statement rather than sending a paper one in the mail.

The less info that goes online  increases my comfort level.

I totally agree with you. I too pay my bill in full on time every month. I have been shopping on QVC since 1985
I simply called them yesterday and cancelled my card. I can use another credit card for purchases and actually get rewards for using that card! Call me “old fashion” I prefer the paper bill
New Contributor

If you have a credit card  that Synchrony services they will charge you $1.99 for a paper statement.  Everyone should call and complain and tell HSN and QVC customer service what they think about this.  I have 3 cards service by this bank and all are getting paid off and will not be used for any purchases from now on.  I have really bad internet spends more time down that up because I live in a very rural area without much service so I have to get paper bills or the bills will never get paid. Noticed that the products are getting more expensive and cheap looking glad I am through buying from them.