Honored Contributor

Anyone else having an odd-feeling week?

[ Edited ]

All this week it's felt like every day is Sunday. 

Not sure why.

Then this morning I was woken up to workers walking on the roof doing roof inspections for the neighborhood. They had been scheduled to come weeks ago so were unexpected today. Our management company is horrible with providing notice.

The noise reminded me of the noise garbage trucks make.

So still without any caffeine to help me out, I rushed out to put my garbage cans at the curb. 

The joke's on me. Garbage day is tomorrow, Friday morning, not Thursday morning. (ETA: Forgot to mention, I must not be the only one since I saw other neighbors had their cans out, too. Not all, just some.)

Not that this is any kind of earth-shaking story, but if you have a mixed-up day story, it would be fun to read.

Not my street or even my state, but most garbage can pictures are not this tidy.

Problems with your new garbage can in Des Plaines? You're not alone,  officials say

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else having an odd-feeling week?

never liked the week between grinchmas and new year's......yes....very odd feeling....

Honored Contributor

It's business as usual around my neck of the woods. Doesn't feel any different than any other day or week.

Contributor

We had a wall come down last week. Needless to say more than my roomba could handle. Luckily we had a wonderful prime rib and plans with family so it was truly the Christmas prayed for. Feeling grateful
Esteemed Contributor

I guess a little odd in that I'm in the throes of a winter session course as the Instructor. I never did a winter session before. Strange to see assignments at all hours of the day & night! There's still a week to go. I still have a student who is stuck in Chicago!

Also, the dog is here, and that means grooming & extra walking, which I don't mind in the least. But that means my daughter & her family are away, and DH, dog & I will have a quieter than usual New Year. Not that any one of us are ruckuses (except for the grandchildren!)

It's just different. I'm off for walk #1!

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

All this week it's felt like every day is Sunday. 

Not sure why.

Then this morning I was woken up to workers walking on the roof doing roof inspections for the neighborhood. They had been scheduled to come weeks ago so were unexpected today. Our management company is horrible with providing notice.

The noise reminded me of the noise garbage trucks make.

So still without any caffeine to help me out, I rushed out to put my garbage cans at the curb. 

The joke's on me. Garbage day is tomorrow, Friday morning, not Thursday morning.

Not that this is any kind of earth-shaking story, but if you have a mixed-up day story, it would be fun to read.

Not my street or even my state, but most garbage can pictures are not this tidy.

Problems with your new garbage can in Des Plaines? You're not alone,  officials say

@GingerPeach 

Our garbage cans look just like that, except that they are green. But we only get one per house.  

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have no idea why but I keep thinking today is Friday.

I don't get it. I know Friday is New Year's Eve and today is not New Year's Eve. Wonder what day I will think Saturday will be.

PS - Just got back from vacation. It always takes awhile for me to "adjust" to being home.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure those are for multiple houses, @shoesnbags 

We get black  (landfill) and blue (recycling) with green for organic waste.

I found in looking for trash/garbage can pictures on the internet, cans everywhere are starting to look alike.

Respected Contributor

OMG .,. I totally agree with you ... very odd feeling all week ...

One day felt like it should be another ....can't seem to think

striaght .. and like I am in a fog .....

Oh Well .. on to the next problem !!!!

but Happy New Year every one ....

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It's business as usual around my neck of the woods. Doesn't feel any different than any other day or week.

Thanks for the dose of sanity, @SilleeMee !