Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@aroc3435 ...Many years ago I was able to give another poster my e-mail address and it was so much fun for us to be able to communicate privately.  No loss to anyone and a wonderful gift for us.

"Be the reason someone smiles today."

I would like to do this ,for a few on here.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Yep, alone yesterday.  And did not like it.  Not sure I can last til next Christmas if this keeps up.  Getting frustrated.  Rant over.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any one alone

[ Edited ]

Yes I spent Christmas day alone for the first time ever. It was fine. Texted with family and friends and some facebook messaging. Watched Christmas movies. I missed my family but I know it was for the best this year.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 ...You are one of the nicest posters here on the forums.  I will always remember how you came through when posters were being disrespectful when I announced we had a new member in our family, namely Yuki, the husky.  Woman Happy Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yes, very much alone.  Haven't even had a phone call.

Ha, I get a text fr. One son, n an email fr. the another.  At least my sister and I zoomed for a couple hours. My son's won,t zoom. 

Christmas day I went to friends house to bring some goodies and a little gift. I wear a mask and a shield over it.

I would have been alone even without Covid. 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

@goldensrbest wrote:

Been a long day, i miss the way Christmas use to be, always remember my kids ,husband  ,myself being together, i will be 69 tomorrow, where does the time go?

Wish I was 69, youngster.  Ha.  My husband died when I was.69. I went to college, because I wanted a degree, and fill time.  Graduated  at 72.  Kept going and still active. Keep going, stay busy.  You're never too old if you enjoy life and doing something you love.

Trusted Contributor

The holidays are tough for a lot of people, whether a pandemic or not. 

But this year has been tough.

We had a zoom session with our sons and their families. It seems they did well trying to make it fun and festive for their children.

Hang in there, and hopefully 2021 will be far better.