Honored Contributor

Re: Another phone/computer scam....

I lost my cool with one of these calls last week....I have tried my best to block them but they just keep coming. I was expecting a call from the hospital lab and since they don't show the number incoming for there, I answered. As soon as the guy started his scam routine I said don't you EVER call this number again or I will report you to the state attorney generals office! He hung up without saying a word.
Honored Contributor

It's not hard to see why so many fall for these preposterous scam calls.... when people hear "free" they will believe anything.
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, please.  A person would have to be unbelievable naive to fall for that.  So clueless that they shouldn't be allowed unsupervised access to a computer.  I get 2 or 3 calls telling me to call a certain number to arrange to pick up my student loan check.  I like money as well as anyone but I've never been tempted to all that number.

@chrystaltree

Never under estimate the people out there with absolutely NO COMMON SENSE!!!! And this impacts all age groups and no matter what level of education---they could have a PHD but no common sense--- 

I mean why would the IRS want someone to send in their past due tax in the form of ITune cards or Gift cards....yet according to the FTC thousands have fallen for this scam.....

Or they are just plain stupid---- in these schemes pay a lawyer fee of $1000 because they got stuck in Nigeria with an invalid passport they want return to the U.S but have to pay the fine first .....and they promise to split a million dollar inheritance with you........Yah right and it will snow in August in Texas if you believe that one........

And the one I got from a "PASTOR" in Alabama that accidently received a Western Union money gift of $500 meant for me....and all I would have to do is to send a $148 processing fee to get it re-directed to me and deposited to my bank account....ROFL!!!

It really is unfortunate that everyone is not as smart as you two!  

Respected Contributor

That first one is new to me.  Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

Ashley calls me several times a day,even when I block her.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

The other day I got a 'scam' thingy on my computer, which is a Chromebook and uses the Google OS.   The message was from 'Windows" Microsoft, saying I had a virus on my computer.   I'm curious as to how this kind of message comes up on a Chromebook?  I was able to get rid of the message and my chromebook seems fine now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette

It's only 1PM in California - and I've already had 4 SCAM calls. Once in a while I pick up - and they're robo-callers.  I let many go to voicemail. If there's a real person on the line, I call them a few names I can't repeat on here.