Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

...someone in Brazil had logged into my account.

I don't have a Spotify account,

I had to actually set up a 'NEW PASSWORD'

I didn't actually have a password to begin with.

Uh....I think you got scammed.

If you don't have a Spotify account,
don't fiddle around with it &
 just delete the email. 

Good luck. 

@sidsmom @Nope, Spotify's own website says scammers are stealing email accounts to open their own accounts. If I didn't check, the scanner might have done more. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

How could someone hack a Spotify account, or any account for that matter, that you don't even have??

That makes no sense at all.

Are you sure you went to the legit website for Spotify, not using a link in the email?

@KingstonsMom @You would think this reasoning is right. That's what I thought until I checked on the Spotify site. I have no idea how they do it, but they are doing it.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Why would you create an account at Spotify if you didn't have one before.  

Simply delete the email and move on...

@Bri369 @Because the idiots there make this the only way you can control the scammer from using your email. You must add a password the scammer does not know and then put in "Log Out Everywhere" for the account. The Spotify site doesn't give you any other way to handle this. They really need better international security. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the scan worked.  I routinely delete such emails and go on my way.

@Kachina624 I never followed links in the email. I went to the company's and to its security instructions. I had no choice but to follow the instructions on the site or whatever password the scammer used would still be active.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369 

I'm afraid it's too late if she's already opened a Spotify account based on this email.

She should immediately change the passwords on all accounts, including email and watch her CC's.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

How could someone hack a Spotify account, or any account for that matter, that you don't even have??

That makes no sense at all.

Are you sure you went to the legit website for Spotify, not using a link in the email?

@KingstonsMom @You would think this reasoning is right. That's what I thought until I checked on the Spotify site. I have no idea how they do it, but they are doing it.

@Mindy D  Are you saying there was an account already set up in your name?  confused.gif

Your post is very confusing.  If you set up an account that you never had in the first place, YOU were scammed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Bri369 

I'm afraid it's too late if she's already opened a Spotify account based on this email.

She should immediately change the passwords on all accounts, including email and watch her CC's.

@Bri369, none of my accounts share passwords. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

...someone in Brazil had logged into my account.

I don't have a Spotify account,

I had to actually set up a 'NEW PASSWORD'

I didn't actually have a password to begin with.

Uh....I think you got scammed.

If you don't have a Spotify account,
don't fiddle around with it &
 just delete the email. 

Good luck. 

@sidsmom @Nope, Spotify's own website says scammers are stealing email accounts to open their own accounts. If I didn't check, the scanner might have done more. 

F3650ACD-29CC-48B9-B8BD-732262D8822D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

D9E9D361-D57B-4FCA-9FC2-D9C4276B3561.png

Respected Contributor

Re: Another new scam

[ Edited ]

I have received these kinds of emails before relevant to accounts I do not have, usually sitting in my "SPAM" folder.  I ignore and delete with all other spam mail.  I get these phoney things that are dumped in the Spam folder.....many too obvious they are scammers by looking at where they originate, their email or finding spelling errors!  Do not respond, delete!