Honored Contributor

Another Ryan Lochte update...

[ Edited ]

Well, he was finally charged by Brazil for filing a false report of robbery...and a copy of the report went to the Olympic committee.

Additionally, although he lost 4 of his sponsors, he picked up one...Pine Bros (softish throat drops)...AND he will be on Dancing with the Stars next season!

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-ryan-lochte-brazil-charges-20160825-snap-story.html

...I just SMH...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Ryan Lochte update...

@Susan Louise wrote:

Well, he was finally charged by Brazil for filing a false report of robbery...and a copy of the report went to the Olympic committee.

Additionally, although he lost 4 of his sponsors, he picked up one...Pine Bros (softish throat drops)...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-ryan-lochte-brazil-charges-20160825-snap-story.html

...I just SMH...

@septembersaid he is probably never going to go back to Brazil, so we should move on.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I just want all of his apologists to stop calling him a  " kid "  , he is 32 freaking years old  !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I hear he's been signed to do Dancing With The Stars.

It's actually a good idea for rehabilitating his image, but it's too soon.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I hear he's been signed to do Dancing With The Stars.

It's actually a good idea for rehabilitating his image, but it's too soon.

@Tinkrbl44  Amazing...lots of special attention/offers he's getting...

That's like giving him candy before he gets punished for the behavior...too soon is right...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This man made a big mistake and he is going to pay big time when it comes to$$$$$. I am not condoning what he did or what he said in his differing stories. He made a possible life changing mistake, is being 32 the magic age in life, when nobody makes a mistake, big or small?

For those that think that is the magic age? You must be living in a different world than I have for my many decades. Mistakes/blunders or irresponsible acts, they are not limited nor do they disappear at age 32.

This man has represented the USA in 4 different Olympic events, starting with his first in 2004. Any mistakes in that Olympic event that brought out negativity by the media? How about 2008 and 2012, same question.

Many seem to overlook the positives and accomplishments in someone I can call a young man's life. He has won a total of 12 Olympic Medals, 6 of which are Gold. This seems to have been overlooked by the media and many others that have chosen to pile onto this man's mistake.

I am one that doesn't forget and/or overlook the good in bad people, or the bad in good people, and I will continue for, whatever years I have left, doing exactly the same.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

A couple of years ago there was a reality show featuring him and his life. I watched a couple of episodes and I was surprised because he really was not too bright at all. I don't know if that was the editing of the show but it certainly didn't put him in the best light at all. Since then I have seen several interviews of him and they did nothing to make him look better. Every question seemed to stump him and his answers were ridiculous, it was like he was answering a completely different question than he was asked. He obviously can't be too bright if he thought he wouldn't get caught lying. Does he not realize there are surveillance cameras everywhere and he is a high profile person who would be under a lot more scrutiny than the average joe? Losing all of his sponsors would have to be a huge blow to him financially. I am sure he was depending on that money. What a fool. He only has himself to blame.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

This man made a big mistake and he is going to pay big time when it comes to$$$$$. I am not condoning what he did or what he said in his differing stories. He made a possible life changing mistake, is being 32 the magic age in life, when nobody makes a mistake, big or small?

For those that think that is the magic age? You must be living in a different world than I have for my many decades. Mistakes/blunders or irresponsible acts, they are not limited nor do they disappear at age 32.

This man has represented the USA in 4 different Olympic events, starting with his first in 2004. Any mistakes in that Olympic event that brought out negativity by the media? How about 2008 and 2012, same question.

Many seem to overlook the positives and accomplishments in someone I can call a young man's life. He has won a total of 12 Olympic Medals, 6 of which are Gold. This seems to have been overlooked by the media and many others that have chosen to pile onto this man's mistake.

I am one that doesn't forget and/or overlook the good in bad people, or the bad in good people, and I will continue for, whatever years I have left, doing exactly the same.

hckynut(john)

You can have integrity and be a stand up guy at any age. I still maintain that at some point you can' use your age to excuse bad behavior, in this case lying and leaving your team mates  holding thr bag. You can't dance that away.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@hckynut

He LIED on national tv-more than once!

He LIED to the police

He DISRESPECTED a host country

He DISRESPECTED the host country peoples

He EMBARRASSED his own country

He EMBARRASSED his team mates

He EMBARRASSED the Olympic committee

His Olympic medals should be taken away from him for his "so called mistakes."

Yes, I've made "mistakes" but NONE of his magnitude.  Not even close!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hckynut

He LIED on national tv-more than once!

He LIED to the police

He DISRESPECTED a host country

He DISRESPECTED the host country peoples

He EMBARRASSED his own country

He EMBARRASSED his team mates

He EMBARRASSED the Olympic committee

His Olympic medals should be taken away from him for his "so called mistakes."

Yes, I've made "mistakes" but NONE of his magnitude.  Not even close!

@Mz iMac I almost find it disturbing that he will be on DWTS and has a brand new sponsor...

Honestly, what does that teach the younger generations...

So often I hear of bad behavior and no consequenses...things just continue as status quo...