Respected Contributor

Re: Another Ryan Lochte update...

@SahmIam wrote:

ANY attention in the business world is better than NO attention. BY hiring him as their "Face" this company will now get people looking into their product.

Have you ever heard of them? I haven't.

DId you go and find out who they are? I did.

There ya go.  People will do this SOLEY because they hired Lochte and that's what they want. Smarminess at its best because business is business and it's all about the money, honey.

....  and how do you like their tag line?  Pine Bros. Throat Drops - "Forgiving on your throat".    I don't find the reference amusing.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mz iMac I almost find it disturbing that he will be on DWTS and has a brand new sponsor...

Honestly, what does that teach the younger generations...

So often I hear of bad behavior and no consequenses...things just continue as status quo...

@Susan Louise

And I find it ridiculous that because this young man made a big mistake, some seem to want him drawn and quartered because of what he did. They think the free market should not contract with him, now he should not be allowed, by another free market entity , not to allow him to participate in a nationally viewed show.

And here you have NFL men beating up woman and committing child abuse, and what do I hear? Silence.

Ryan should be run out of the country on a rail, were it up to some people, and the story would still go on.

Look around some of the inter-cities if you want to find something that should be more disturbing than a Medal Winning Olympic Athlete being treated as if he committed Treason.

• Save those feelings for Bowe Bergdahl, who in my opinion is a traitor, and got 6 USA Service men killed trying to find this deserter. And over 1 and a half years later his trial still goes on. If this doesn't get you outraged more than the Ryan Lochte situation?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

He used poor judgment and lied to cover it up.  People make mistakes.  The part about covering it up by lying about it, is where the buck stops.  I don't think he should give back his medals, but he should own up to his mistakes and act like a grown up.  He's not a college kid on spring break.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not that people want Lochte "drawn and quartered" @hckynut -- I think what a lot of people are objecting to (myself included) is that Lochte is immediately reaping rewards right after such egregious behavior.  He is not beyond redemption and hopefully he will grow up some day.... but I would like to see him do some "good" first -- give free swimming lessons to underprivileged children in his community, volunteer somewhere and let your PR person do the rest.  His actions right now and for the immediate future need to speak louder than his apology..... and his action of signing a multi-million dollar contract plus getting $$ for DWTS is not exactly redeeming oneself.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Irshgrl31201

I agree. At the age of 32 the word "kid" is a misnomer. However, many parents jumped with joy when they learned that their 26 year olds can be viewed as "children". Really? 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

His Olympics accomplishments have NOTHING to do with his transgressions.  I don't see where anybody is discounting what he has done in that regard.  But they don't supercede any bad deeds, either.

His  mistakes are another thing entirely.  He's obviously kind of an idiot and all that, but he knew better.  If he didn't - he should have.  He took bad behavior and made it worse by lying about it.

I don't watch DWTS, but I agree that they should pull him.   It kind of cracks me up, this one endorsement he has gotten.   Who has even heard of that company?    If they want to employ him, I don't begrudge them, or him, that.

Whatever work he can get is fine.   But anything that puts him in some kind of high regard is mistaken.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I think 99% of us posting have been 32 and did not tell a lie that was heard all over the world! Yes we've made mistakes but not at the expense of others @hckynutjohn

@JaneMarple

You don't know the big mistakes I have made, and yes "at the expense of others". Wasn't heard around the world, but big mistakes are exactly that, heard around a community or the world.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

@Susan Louise

And Ryan will make a ton of money from DWTS.  

What about all the children who looked up to him?

DWTS should use better judgement.  

The first few weeks of DWTS is a popularity contest- I wouldn't be surprised if the voters 'speak' and he goes home early on.

Let me rephrase that... 'I hope  the voters 'speak'....!"

Esteemed Contributor

The MAN needs to be punished/fined.  He lied and it concerned law enforcement.  Unforgiveable.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

@hckynut

He LIED on national tv-more than once!

He LIED to the police

He DISRESPECTED a host country

He DISRESPECTED the host country peoples

He EMBARRASSED his own country

He EMBARRASSED his team mates

He EMBARRASSED the Olympic committee

His Olympic medals should be taken away from him for his "so called mistakes."

Yes, I've made "mistakes" but NONE of his magnitude.  Not even close!

Al Roker stated many of these same truths and he got grief from the NBC execs! It seems like NBC was trying to save face since they broadasted the Olympics.  Billy Bush was even trying to lessen the events- probably becasue Ryan deceived  him so convincingly.

I'm not an Al Roker fan particularly, but in this case I applaud him; he was the only one who spoke the truth! I wonder if we're gong to see him 'retiring' in the near future. Woman Frustrated