Valued Contributor

Re: Another Rant About The Post Office

I've had trouble with the post office lately. It is aggravating. To say that life is too short to get upset is just callus. I am tired of snarky ladies on these boards.
Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  I recently ordered 2 pairs of shoes from the same manufacturer, from Zulily.  They were shipped from somewhere in Asia.  Both had identical tracking the whole way.  When they finally got to my post office, they both showed delivered same day, same time.  Only one box was in my mailbox.  I knew something was wrong because had they delivered both, the carrier would have had walked to the door as they wouldn't have fit in the box.  I piddled around about calling Zulily, and sure enough, exactly one week later the second box showed up.  I still haven't figured out how or why this happened but give yours a little time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

During the Christmas holiday all my packages game when dark and no knock . A few days ago a looooud knock rather 3 at near 7 scared the daylights. I finally got out of bed for this was A M and there were 2 large  packages on the porch. The daytime gets the smaller ones.

Honored Contributor

Wow your stories are horrible! When I lived in the big city I had the same delivery problems with no one to call that seemed to care. I now live in a very rural area and what a nice difference! Sign up for the PO's informed delivery service for a start! At least you'll have proof about your package! I'm still in disbelief with my carriers now. When I see I have a package that has arrived at the PO (per informed delivery) I give them a call (or leave a message) that I'll be in to get my pkg and its there waiting for me. Otherwise they'll deliver my pkgs either to my mail box or they'll drive down my driveway and set it on my back porch. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I got a notice this morning that USPS notified Amazon that  my package fron is going to be delayed.....

I received it yesterday....

Sometimes I get a second delivery before 8 PM......so check and see if that could have happened...

Frustrating...I know...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2wrote:

Wow your stories are horrible! When I lived in the big city I had the same delivery problems with no one to call that seemed to care. I now live in a very rural area and what a nice difference! Sign up for the PO's informed delivery service for a start! At least you'll have proof about your package! I'm still in disbelief with my carriers now. When I see I have a package that has arrived at the PO (per informed delivery) I give them a call (or leave a message) that I'll be in to get my pkg and its there waiting for me. Otherwise they'll deliver my pkgs either to my mail box or they'll drive down my driveway and set it on my back porch. Woman Happy

@ID2  I do have informed delivery.  You can also sign up on the USPS website as soon as tracking is available to be notified of its progress.  An e-mail from them told me my package was delivered when it wasn't.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My package that USPS tracking said was delivered yesterday (but wasn't) was delivered today.  I had another package delivered today, and I guess they saw that one and delivered it, too.  I'm glad to have it but wish they didn't feel like they have to mark everything as delivered whether they are or not.  That makes it really hard to prove you never received something to the company who sent it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack The same thing happened to me several months ago. I received an email that my package had been delivered but it wasn’t in my mailbox.  I waited and it didn’t show up the next day. I sent an email to the seller since it had been an eBay purchase and seller told me to wait another few days.

The package showed up the next day.  At first I thought someone living nearby got it by mistake. But then I heard the PO might have labeled it delivered when it wasn’t and that other folks said the same thing happened to them. 🤔

Respected Contributor

@NickNackwrote:

My package that USPS tracking said was delivered yesterday (but wasn't) was delivered today.  I had another package delivered today, and I guess they saw that one and delivered it, too.  I'm glad to have it but wish they didn't feel like they have to make everything as delivered whether they are or not.  That makes it really hard to prove you never received something to the company who sent it.

That was exactly what worried me...the fact that an email confirmed delivery when I hadn’t received it.  It would be my word against that of the post office. I was glad when the package finally showed up. 

Honored Contributor

@Kalliwrote:

@NickNack The same thing happened to me several months ago. I received an email that my package had been delivered but it wasn’t in my mailbox.  I waited and it didn’t show up the next day. I sent an email to the seller since it had been an eBay purchase and seller told me to wait another few days.

The package showed up the next day.  At first I thought someone living nearby got it by mistake. But then I heard the PO might have labeled it delivered when it wasn’t and that other folks said the same thing happened to them. 🤔

@Kalli  It's happened to me a few times before this time, too.  I always assumed it was on the truck and the postman just forgot to deliver it and then scanned it.  This time I actually went out to the truck, and he said he didn't have it.  Then it was scanned later.  It's frustrating to everyone this happens to I'm sure.

-Henry David Thoreau