Respected Contributor

4 dead, 11 injured in Jacksonville. Looks like thoughts and prayers are not working. Too much gun violence in this country.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Another Florida Shooting

Time for anger management and conflict resolution and how to prevent entitlement. As we have always had guns.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

‘...conflict resolution.’

Riiiiight.  They should just all go to Starbucks & discuss it.

(sarcasm)

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

Time for anger management and conflict resolution and how to prevent entitlement. As we have always had guns.

"How to prevent entitlement"?

What does that mean exactly in this context?

And, really, seems there are lots of times that no one knows someone is in need of "anger management" or "conflict resolution" until they've killed someone.  Or many people.

Esteemed Contributor

More guns than people in the US.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I was in a local chain store last week and noticed that a young man was carrying a holstered gun on his belt. I did not realize open carry was even legal in my state. After the man left I asked the clerk if the store owner was in the store and she said yes, he was in the office. I asked her to tell him I wanted to speak with him. I told him I was not going to shop at his store anymore unless he put a sign on the door that guns were not allowed in the store. He told me that was my perrogative and I told him it's my perrogative to tell anyone who will listen that he allows guns in his store. We really need to take this problem on as citizens and not follow like sheep to the slaughter.

Trusted Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

4 dead, 11 injured in Jacksonville. Looks like thoughts and prayers are not working. Too much gun violence in this country.

Not shocking as our society has been purposely trashed culturally.  Think about the 2-2.5 million people who use a gun to stop a crime each year (per the CDC gun study), or the fact that Britain has over 4x our "violent crime" rate per 100,000 population.  The psychos and criminals will pay.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99It is not the man with a gun secured on his belt that you need to fear.  It is the illegal guns that all the laws in the world cannot control!

Esteemed Contributor

I am sick of this! Innocent people are being shot to death, many of them young. Do we not have a right to live a normal life, a long life? Being cut down in one’s prime is an abomination. I have my opinions about this but don’t want to get zapped.

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I was in a local chain store last week and noticed that a young man was carrying a holstered gun on his belt. I did not realize open carry was even legal in my state. After the man left I asked the clerk if the store owner was in the store and she said yes, he was in the office. I asked her to tell him I wanted to speak with him. I told him I was not going to shop at his store anymore unless he put a sign on the door that guns were not allowed in the store. He told me that was my perrogative and I told him it's my perrogative to tell anyone who will listen that he allows guns in his store. We really need to take this problem on as citizens and not follow like sheep to the slaughter.

On the other hand, he could be the one to save your soul if he and a mad shooter were in the store at the same time.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead