Honored Contributor

Re: Another Amazon WOW

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

I was told to just keep a book I had ordered for granddaughter and they gave me a credit for it. 

I wanted to exchange for another title and Amazon just sent the new title for free.

I have had that happen another time, too.  I ended up with a double order because my package was left somewhere else; I saw it had been delivered but it was not my door in the pic.  They sent out another package for the next day free of charge and in the meantime the neighbor dropped off the first one.

I contacted Amazon and I was not charged for either one. 

Amazon isnt the only one that does nice things for customers..... "Collections Etc." ran out of stock on a wreath I had ordered online, so they sent another one that was close in style and said they refunded the one that they had no more stock, and there would be no charge for the similar one they had sent, and if I didnt like the replacement, just donate it to charity .....This was before Covid too...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon now. I'd ordered the components for my new computer from them on Saturday and they were supposed to be delivered Monday.Then I got a notice that the order was "undeliverable" and I'd be refunded in 48 hours. I then reordered most of the stuff and got it last night and early this morning. Then around ten o'clock this morning UPS delivered the "undeliverable" package. So, I've got two motherboards, two m.2 drives, two sets of memory, and two USB drives with Windows 10 on them. There's about $500-$600 in stuff that I now have two of. So, fun. The "undeliverable" package arrived with the box unsealed, but everything was there. I've got a request in for a callback and I also reached out to the jeff@amazon.com email address where complicated issues get handled. We'll see what happens.

@gardenman 

I got an email with an undeliverable notice too, it wasnt Amazon, I believe it was Ebay....and I never got the first order, I did contact the seller and he sent off another order Priority Delivery to my address which was the same on both orders...WEIRD!!!

Hey maybe Jeff will offer you a trip to space as a special consolation  😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MoJoV wrote:

Superb customer service: the reason why Amazon rules the world.

And then there's this: ....😉

From Reuters---

Amazon was one of 91 Fortune 500 companies that “use various loopholes where they pay not a single solitary penny in federal income ...

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@kaydee50    Definitely faster, but Amazon does own WF so it's automatically inside Amazon when you drop it off.  

Probably helps that Amazon is many times larger than QVC.

@millieshops @kaydee50 

The same thing happens for me when I drop off an Amazon return at my nearby UPS store.  Credited that same day!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

I'm waiting to hear back from Amazon now. I'd ordered the components for my new computer from them on Saturday and they were supposed to be delivered Monday.Then I got a notice that the order was "undeliverable" and I'd be refunded in 48 hours. I then reordered most of the stuff and got it last night and early this morning. Then around ten o'clock this morning UPS delivered the "undeliverable" package. So, I've got two motherboards, two m.2 drives, two sets of memory, and two USB drives with Windows 10 on them. There's about $500-$600 in stuff that I now have two of. So, fun. The "undeliverable" package arrived with the box unsealed, but everything was there. I've got a request in for a callback and I also reached out to the jeff@amazon.com email address where complicated issues get handled. We'll see what happens.

@gardenman 

I got an email with an undeliverable notice too, it wasnt Amazon, I believe it was Ebay....and I never got the first order, I did contact the seller and he sent off another order Priority Delivery to my address which was the same on both orders...WEIRD!!!

Hey maybe Jeff will offer you a trip to space as a special consolation  😉

No trip to space but they've refunded me for three things I didn't want a refund for. I'm engaged in an email chat with Yolanda trying to get everything sorted out. I'm now about $140 ahead of where I should be not counting the $50 in credit they gave me. If this keeps up they'll be paying me to build my new computer.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

From Reuters---

Amazon was one of 91 Fortune 500 companies that “use various loopholes where they pay not a single solitary penny in federal income ...

@Spurt 

Amazon was one of 91 Fortune 500 companies that “use various loopholes where they pay not a single solitary penny in federal income tax,” in sharp contrast to middle class families paying over 20% tax rates.

Bezos is stepping down from the CEO role during third quarter of 2021.

After paying no federal income tax in 2017 or 2018, Amazon reported a $162 million current U.S. federal tax liability for 2019 and $1.835 billion U.S. federal tax liability for 2020.

source: reuters

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

From Reuters---

@Spurt 

Amazon was one of 91 Fortune 500 companies that “use various loopholes where they pay not a single solitary penny in federal income tax,” in sharp contrast to middle class families paying over 20% tax rates.

Bezos is stepping down from the CEO role during third quarter of 2021.

After paying no federal income tax in 2017 or 2018, Amazon reported a $162 million current U.S. federal tax liability for 2019 and $1.835 billion U.S. federal tax liability for 2020.

source: reuters

@gertrudecloset 

This is from NPR 7/5/21:

Yes your right he's handing over Amazon's day-to-day duties to his longtime deputy Andy Jassy but will continue to hold considerable sway as the company's Executive Chairman.