Esteemed Contributor

Re: American Community Survey 2021?

I received the same forum last year before the census and I filled it out, and returned. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

Hi, Last year 2020 I received a questionnaire to fill out and I  think everyone had to do it. I did it and sent it in. Now last week I received an United States American Community Survey to fill out either online or they said they will sent a paperform in the mail. I went on line to see what the questions would be and it seems just like the form I filled out late last year  but added questions  about sexuality.

Has anyone else received this form? I am so afraid it is no legitimate and would be giving  out info to someone else. You can't be to careful today with all of the Fraud going on. It does say U.S. Census Bureau Washington, D.C. bottom signed by Steven D Dillingham. Thanks

Personally, I would not answer any questions about sexual orientation.  I'm sure you'll do what you need to do, just offering my opinion if indeed that kind of questioning is on the ACS. (Not the Census).@cuddlesmama 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

A quick google search shows that Harris (VP) and Carper (Delaware) introduced requirement of data collection for the American Community Survey pertaining to sexual orientation and gender identity....to direct billions of dollars in funding each year.

Paraphrasing here, found this on American Psychological Assn webite.  Saw a few other links, also.  Don't know how legit any of the sites are.  

The APA is a legitimate website.  It was probably stuff that got cut. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I would never give out any personal information unless I knew it was legit and was comfortable doing so. I did not receive any questionnaires last year, but I would not be giving anyone, especially the gov’t, my personal info. They have enough of it already. If you are suspicious, just toss it.