Honored Contributor

Item put on back order AFTER I ordered and paid for it and sale went through

[ Edited ]

This is the first time that this has ever happened to me. I ordered two pair of SG cotton pull on ankle pants. I completed the transaction. I just was checking the status of the order when, lo and behold; the navy pants have suddenly shown up as back order. The receipt even showed an in stock subtotal. I have a screen shot of the order and receipt. I want my pants. I'm afraid that, since my size is the only one that is now on back order, when I looked at the item online; the back order will fall through.

Has anyone ever had this happen? What would you do about this?

UPDATE TODAY, 4/15. Item that was suddenly on back order is suddenly showing as in process and is no longer showing as on back order. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Item put on back order AFTER I ordered and paid for it and sale went through

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D   So far, I have never paid for anything until it was shipped.  I would check my credit card and if I had been charged I would call CS or send an email to the mods 

Honored Contributor

Re: Item put on back order AFTER I ordered and paid for it and sale went through

@millieshops wrote:

@Mindy D   So far, I have never paid for anything until it was shipped.  

@millieshops @Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I mean that the check out order took the payments on it and the receipt didn't mention waitlist. The actual cash would have been taken from my account when shipped. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   Glad you aren't out money yet.  I do think lots of items end up going to back order even after they are accepted as yours one.  Lots of postings about that problem.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Mindy D   Glad you aren't out money yet.  I do think lots of items end up going to back order even after they are accepted as yours one.  Lots of postings about that problem.

@millieshops @Yanks. I've never noticed this before. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

@Mindy D   So far, I have never paid for anything until it was shipped.  

@millieshops @Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I mean that the check out order took the payments on it and the receipt didn't mention waitlist. The actual cash would have been taken from my account when shipped. 

Anytime you use a debit or credit card, your bank will "hold" the funds until the transaction goes through. When the transaction for the first pair goes through, you'll see the charge. It's up to your bank's rules as to how long the rest of funds are "held." My bank holds them for 5 business days and then they drop off. Some banks hold longer, some shorter.

Respected Contributor

I got the back order notice on "as is" pants. "As is" is usually returns or something used in presentations. How they are going to back order "as is" is beyond me. I'd like the item but won't be crushed if it gets cancelled. Odd things happen, let's blame the computers!

Honored Contributor

I haven't had it happen to me personally, but there have been several other threads where others have.

You can always email the moderators with your concerns.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not unusual for an item to sell out in a size or color while you're in the process of placing your order, thus it goes to backorder.  Or there could have been a shipping delay and it just hasn't arrived yet.  Regardless, they can't ship something they don't have nor can the mods make it materialize. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It is not unusual for an item to sell out in a size or color while you're in the process of placing your order, thus it goes to backorder.  Or there could have been a shipping delay and it just hasn't arrived yet.  Regardless, they can't ship something they don't have nor can the mods make it materialize. 

@Kachina624 @Hi there. That's not what happened. The order was completed and item showed up as ordered after ordering that evening and into the next day. Anyway, today the item showed up as in process and is no longer showing up as on back order.