Honored Contributor

Just don't use Amazon, if they can't find you.  Try another place.  

Have never had any trouble with Amazon.  We do Amazon Fresh (weekly grocery shopping) and we are prime.  I haven't been to a supermarket store in months. On Monday I ordered 3 totally different things.  All three where on my porch by the next day. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We have given them directions to our home 4 times and still no package. We are not on GPS and have told them. If I could get through to Amazon I would ask for a refund.

@Group 5 minus 1 

I have called them many times and seldom even get put on hold. Not sure what "If I could get through even means"!

ETA: Not on a GPS? Can't imagine where you live. We live in a pretty remote area and they have no trouble finding our home, even with Amazon Prime Delivery.

hckynut

@hckynut  @Krimpette 

It depends on how often GPS updates....our city is constantly growing and expanding and a lot of the newer areas ---homes and shopping centers aren't on the GPS....I have friend that drives all over the city for her job and she complains about it all the time....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

What a hassle just to get an Amazon order, maybe Bezos should spare a couple of his 138 BILLION to improve customer service Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hi to you @Spurt ,

I very seldom need a GPS since my traveling days are in my past. Now my wife? Yesterday she was taking a Boxer Rescued Dog from our State to Iowa. There are lots of roads, even Interstates closed, here and in Iowa.

She told me her Samsung Galaxy GPS kept her current with what roads were closed, and the changed routes to get to her destination. I am just assuming that info is coming via a satellite which knew her final destination.

I don't make any claim to know squat about a GPS, but when I got home from ice skating yesterday, she told me her GPS was constantly giving her updates to avoid closed roads, and keeping her safe. I even told her I wish she wouldn't go yesterday because I knew water was covering roads West in our State, and much more in Iowa.

Thanks for your info because I was not aware, especially after my wife telling me yesterday she was even surprised how quick her GPS gave her new updates.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

We have given them directions to our home 4 times and still no package. We are not on GPS and have told them. If I could get through to Amazon I would ask for a refund.

They have a very Good Chat Help customer service.  You talk through messenging.  They are So patient and kind and fast to resolve the problem.  HTH

Monke~

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hi to you @Spurt ,

I very seldom need a GPS since my traveling days are in my past. Now my wife? Yesterday she was taking a Boxer Rescued Dog from our State to Iowa. There are lots of roads, even Interstates closed, here and in Iowa.

She told me her Samsung Galaxy GPS kept her current with what roads were closed, and the changed routes to get to her destination. I am just assuming that info is coming via a satellite which knew her final destination.

I don't make any claim to know squat about a GPS, but when I got home from ice skating yesterday, she told me her GPS was constantly giving her updates to avoid closed roads, and keeping her safe. I even told her I wish she wouldn't go yesterday because I knew water was covering roads West in our State, and much more in Iowa.

Thanks for your info because I was not aware, especially after my wife telling me yesterday she was even surprised how quick her GPS gave her new updates.

hckynut

@hckynut 

Hi to you Hckynut!

It has to do with the type and even brand of device and whether its from your phone or built-into your car on how it updates ..

Google Maps on your phone can update pretty quickly, but most built-in GPS systems don’t continually update themselves over the air with new roads, lanes, interchanges, and businesses, or even traffic laws, such as speed limits and left-turn restrictions. Nor do they offer periodic one-click updates like leading navigation apps. Instead, updates must be purchased through the automaker, dealership, or online.

Have a good weekend 

P.S. Is that your kitty?  Sure is pretty Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I have never had a problem with Amazon customer serivce using the phone number others have provided.  Never felt the need to have a record of the chat, since I've always been successful in resolving my issue(s) with them.  Hard to imagine where a person lives that GPS can't find!  

Having said that, friends of mine were getting satellite TV installed recently.  The provider had the put the wrong address on the order (a couple of houses away), and seemed unable to correct despite several calls.  Fortunately, on the day the install was due, the installer called them first and were able to give him the correct address!!!

@Krimpette 

I always get a name, and I am almost a fanatical record keeper. I have yet to disappointed or had a problem unresolved when haven spoke, by phone, to an amazon customer service rep.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Slightly O/T but when we moved into our current home, we discovered fairly quickly that GPS had us at the correct street number but in the adjacent city.

We had it corrected, but still sometimes if delivery wasn't using GPS, someone else would enjoy our pizza. :-) Thankfully, we don't eat pizza anymore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Not on GPS ????  

Honored Contributor

Don't answer on Saturdays.

The GPS stuff-we live waaay out in the boonies. GPS sends someone far from us.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.