Trusted Contributor

Love Amazon Prime using it for years.  I placed an order this week for over $75 and remembered I needed tissues,  put 4pack tissues in my cart and upon check out, they charged $6 for just the tissues!  I guess because they consider it a pantry Item.  They should just look at the whole order as I ordered well over the $.  I removed the tissues from cart but dissappointed.  Other than that no issues

Respected Contributor

I'm a long term Amazon Prime member.  I've always had one, to three day deliveries. That's until now.  It depends on what you order, if you have Prime, or if you're ordering from a third party. Many things are affecting deliveries, from all sources. 

Even with Prime, we're being told that essential items will likely be delivered more quickly. So, if you order something like testing strips for your diabetes meter, they will try to expedite that delivery. If you order a case of Goldfish crackers, or a t-shirt, you might have a delay Woman Wink

I just ordered two items and they suggested I combine them for the same delivery date, five days from now.  That's fine by me. Even if I have Prime, there are some things I don't need asap.  But, a five day delivery is still awesome.

Also, Prime vans could be seen delivering with regularity in my hood. Now they're so busy that I'm seeing more drivers in their own vehicles, again.  Including my last two deliveries.  I'm not crazy about this, since they claim to disinfect the vans daily.  Who knows what's gone on in the private cars. 

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I am finding that even though i order items that are shipped by Amazon my orders have been taking much longer.....and they are not "virus related" items..........BUT my sister who has Prime (i do not) has gotten the orders she has placed within a few days all along (even some virus related items a few weeks back)............................i feel they are giving Prime customers  priority for sure.

@kelsey17   Your sister can add you to her Prime account.  When you check out, you simply select your address and CC.

You could offer to split the annual fee with her.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I rarely order from Amazon.  Ordered two small items 13 days ago.  Kept waiting for ship confirmation and each time I checked it I got the message that they were "preparing to ship."  So I waited and checked each day -- same thing.  I finally decided to cancel.  Hit the cancel button and got the message "preparing to ship, if you cancel now we can't guarantee the cancellation."  So I hit continue to cancel.and immediately received an email stating cancellation was successful.  Used to hear how great they were.  Now not so sure.  And yes, I know the current situation but when you place the order they should at least let you know there may be a delay and how long it might be.  

Are you a Prime member, @rms1954 ?

No.  But my husband is and the same thing has happened to him on an order he placed around the same time.

Honored Contributor

People need to pay attention to what they order and from whom.

If you are charged extra shipping for an item and you have Prime, the vendor may have added the extra shipping, not Amazon.

I've seen items with shipping charges in the description and it will not matter if you are Prime-that vendor will include that shipping no matter what.  Amazon doesn't control that and would not be waiving the xtra shipping charge.

I think people are in such a rush these days for certain items that they are ordering without paying attention to the terms of the VENDOR.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

I've received a few items the same day placed the order.  I always check the estimated delivery date.  I've had a few items delayed due to the pandemic.  When I have a issue I usually chat or call CS.  The matter is resolved in minutes.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I order from Amazon all the time.  I get excellent service. Sometimes delivery is delayed but they always notify me. No complaints from me!

Amazon provides great customer service.  I sent an order to my 80 year old uncle and his wife and it was stolen off of their porch.  Amazon replaced the order at no charge.  It was delivered the next day.  It was an item my uncle really needed and I was grateful.  I would have payed to replace it.  The UPS driver now places the package at the door near their den if they do not answer the door bell.  

Frequent Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I am finding that even though i order items that are shipped by Amazon my orders have been taking much longer.....and they are not "virus related" items..........BUT my sister who has Prime (i do not) has gotten the orders she has placed within a few days all along (even some virus related items a few weeks back)............................i feel they are giving Prime customers  priority for sure.

It's the virus-related items that ARE shipping faster; the non-virus-related ones are the ones taking longer. In general, of course.

Also, like someone else said, if Amazon is giving Prime members priority, that makes sense -- Prime members pay $129 a year to be Prime. (At least, that's what I paid last December when my service renewed.)

Honored Contributor

I use Amazon about 1x per year...enough for me.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I rarely order from Amazon.  Ordered two small items 13 days ago.  Kept waiting for ship confirmation and each time I checked it I got the message that they were "preparing to ship."  So I waited and checked each day -- same thing.  I finally decided to cancel.  Hit the cancel button and got the message "preparing to ship, if you cancel now we can't guarantee the cancellation."  So I hit continue to cancel.and immediately received an email stating cancellation was successful.  Used to hear how great they were.  Now not so sure.  And yes, I know the current situation but when you place the order they should at least let you know there may be a delay and how long it might be.  

Are you a Prime member, @rms1954 ?

No.  But my husband is and the same thing has happened to him on an order he placed around the same time.

Your experience is more or less what I went through prior to becoming a Prime member. Even pre-COVID they allowed themselves at least 10 business days to get your order shipped if you weren't Prime. These days, with supply being erratic, any order can be delayed.

I don't know what I'd do without Amazon. I've been buying from them since 1996, back when all they sold were books. But if you don't like them, there are other sources for products. Good luck in finding a fit. Clearly, Amazon is not for you.