Esteemed Contributor

I Just Had My Job Interview

[ Edited ]

I put on a full face of make up, which isn't something that I have done in over a year.

We're talking foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, blush, lipstick, the works.

I wore a shirt that was a flattering color on me, rose pink, and black pants, and black flat dress shoes that has gold trim.

I got there a few minutes early, which shows that I am punctual, and was outside of the restaurant, as the front doors were locked.

Chris, who is the man who interviewed me, came out and got me.

I forgot to mention that I was wearing a mask too.

Even though I was wearing a mask, I popped a couple of breath mints in to my mouth, before going in.

We went inside and sat at a table, where he has my resume, and I handed him my references.

I sat upright at the edge of my seat, and looked him straight in the eye.

We discussed my current job, and he asked me about that, and he also asked me if I had any restaurant experience, which I told him that I did not.

He asked me if I was applying for Host or busser.

I said that I would take either, but that I applied for busser.

He said that they might be hiring two bussers, and he said that it would be in the evening, which I said would be perfect.

Even though I was wearing a mask, I was smiling the whole time underneath it.

He said that when the whole shut down thing happened, a lot of people moved away, and some don't want to go back to work, because they are making more on unemployment.

He said that he had more interviews to do, but that he would let me know by Monday afternoon.

We never shook hands, but he walked me out, and I thanked him.

As I went to my car, I said, "We'll G-d, it's in your hands now".

Later today, or tomorrow I am going to drop off a Thank you card, where I wrote, "I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to interview me for the position of busser. I hope that you are happy with whomever you hire."

So, that's how my interview went .

As soon as I hear anything, I'll let you guys know!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Had My Job Interview

Sounds like you did well. Good luck and fingers crossed.

Valued Contributor

Good Luck @Anonymous032819  Beautifully done! Heart

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819    You did all the right things.  Here's hoping it works out for you.  Sounds like he might consider you for a hostess (you must have looked good), which would be less physically demanding.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Wow sounds great and soooo professional, if I had a business you'd be hired! Good luck!

23-Great-Job-Memes-outro.gif

Honored Contributor

Best of luck, fingers and toes crossed !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I hope his business does well, I am sure it has been difficult during the closure. Hopefully, he will find good workers and get back to running a successful restaurant again.

Respected Contributor

Perfect! The smiling under the mask was smart, because it gave you smiling eyes.

I bet you get this. I really hope you do. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 People can tell when you are smiling with a mask on because the corners of your eyes and your upper cheeks lift. You showed very good knowledge of etiquette and decorum. You showed you were reliable and punctual. You showed respect by dressing for the occasion. Best of luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing with us @Anonymous032819.  Sounds like you made a great impression.  I hope it works out for you.  ❤️