Esteemed Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

@rms1954  I always check the "free shipping button before I shop a category to avoid the third party shipping delays.  Then I know Amazon will ship it free for $25 or more.  

During the worst of the pandemic, items deemed "non-essential" were a bit slower to arrive, but now it is not uncommon to order an item and receive it in 2 days, even without Prime.

Since it is getting harder all the time to get household items at the grocery store, I order most from Amazon now.

I was new to Amazon and last year I ordered a few crossword puzzle books which cost more than the minimum - where I should have gotten free shipping. I clicked the "free shipping button" and lo and behold they started charging me $14/month for prime. I called my bank and they connected me to Amazon - and they removed the charge. Seemed scammy to me. 

Trusted Contributor

yes your sister can add you to her prime membership but it's free under the same house hold.  Cannot use seperate addresses.  You would have to make your own account membership if not in same household, up to 4 can be added.

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Did you check the arrival date when you ordered the items? I’ve always found that to be pretty accurate.

That's been my experience too.  I order from Amazon a lot, and my order usually arrives well before the expected arrival date.

Esteemed Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

Right off the bat, I'll say we love Amazon. We've been Prime members for years and place orders several times a week. Most of our orders are Prime, shipped from Amazon. These are delivered within 2 days of placing our order, if not sooner. The pandemic delayed deliveries up to a week, but things are back to normal now. I sometimes order from a third party vendor (where it says "see all buying options"). In those cases, I only order from vendors who have a 95% or greater satisfaction rating. They give you an estimated delivery date/range and notify you when the item has shipped. Most of the time, the item ships earlier than the estimate. We've returned a few items over the years and it's a pretty seamless process. On the rare occasion that we had a problem, Amazon customer service was great at resolving the problem. 

I agree with all of this.  The only difference for me is that I'm not a Prime member.  And I still have had only very positive experiences with Amazon - quick delivery, excellent customer service, etc.  Even when using third-party vendors, I've been happy.  (I do read their ratings before ordering.)  I think communication about delivery is one of the best things about Amazon.  

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I am finding that even though i order items that are shipped by Amazon my orders have been taking much longer.....and they are not "virus related" items..........BUT my sister who has Prime (i do not) has gotten the orders she has placed within a few days all along (even some virus related items a few weeks back)............................

i feel they are giving Prime customers  priority for sure.

I don't have Prime, and I get my orders quickly.  I don't think I've ever had anything delayed longer than the original expected delivery window.  I don't think giving Prime members priority would necessarily be a bad thing, or unfair, but - just going by my own experience - I don't think they do that.  It amazes me sometimes how quickly my orders arrive!

Honored Contributor

we have prime, but i will say that for many items we are experiencing some significant delays over the one or two days that are "promised." if we did not get a discount on our prime membership i would probably not sign up for prime.

over the past few months we have had items go missing, delivered packages in the middle of our driveway, and delays in shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

yes your sister can add you to her prime membership but it's free under the same house hold.  Cannot use seperate addresses.  You would have to make your own account membership if not in same household, up to 4 can be added.

@northiie57 

you can use separate addresses.......my daughter has it and we use a few different billing addresses and all of us have at least one card attached to her account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I usually only buy items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

I ordered some non--essential products ,and one item took 14 days.  This was just fine. 

Respected Contributor

@liliblu wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I order from Amazon all the time.  I get excellent service. Sometimes delivery is delayed but they always notify me. No complaints from me!

Amazon provides great customer service.  I sent an order to my 80 year old uncle and his wife and it was stolen off of their porch.  Amazon replaced the order at no charge.  It was delivered the next day.  It was an item my uncle really needed and I was grateful.  I would have payed to replace it.  The UPS driver now places the package at the door near their den if they do not answer the door bell.  

That's great. Amazon and the UPS driver came through!!!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@northiie57 wrote:

@northiie57 

you can use separate addresses.......my daughter has it and we use a few different billing addresses and all of us have at least one card attached to her account.

@sunshine45   This is how it is with us, too

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh