Respected Contributor

It depends on who ships and where it comes from.  I have been waiting for a single item that is shipping from China for literally months.  Same with an item I purchased from ebay - estimated delivery date is mid June to mid August.  Neither is a "has to have it" item, so it does not really matter if I ever get either - as long as I am not charged of course.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Amazon rules with me.

Wish denim and Co. would move to Amazon I might get my clothes before I die.

I ordered pair of Birkenstock shoes from Dillards Thurs. shipped same day ! Now, that's what I'm talking about.

Yay !

Valued Contributor

I experienced the same situation a couple of months ago  ... waiting for my order too long so, I checked and delivery was scheduled for a month out ... what?  I needed a carafe for my coffee maker and I guess it was not essential. Fortunately, it arrived in 2 weeks not 4.

I was soooo glad to be able to us my coffee maker the way it was intended.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I rarely order from Amazon.  Ordered two small items 13 days ago.  Kept waiting for ship confirmation and each time I checked it I got the message that they were "preparing to ship."  So I waited and checked each day -- same thing.  I finally decided to cancel.  Hit the cancel button and got the message "preparing to ship, if you cancel now we can't guarantee the cancellation."  So I hit continue to cancel.and immediately received an email stating cancellation was successful.  Used to hear how great they were.  Now not so sure.  And yes, I know the current situation but when you place the order they should at least let you know there may be a delay and how long it might be.  

Are you a Prime member, @rms1954 ?

Esteemed Contributor

I am finding that even though i order items that are shipped by Amazon my orders have been taking much longer.....and they are not "virus related" items..........BUT my sister who has Prime (i do not) has gotten the orders she has placed within a few days all along (even some virus related items a few weeks back)............................i feel they are giving Prime customers  priority for sure.

Respected Contributor

Always check the ship date if they don't give one move on to the next option. You can't expect to have somthing ship fast when they don't give a ship date. 

Trusted Contributor

@kelsey17  ...... It kind of makes sense to give Prime members priority. After all, we pay for certain things.

Respected Contributor

Never have had any issues myself with Amazon.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I am a Prime member, and I have cancelled a few orders, and yes, you do get a message that says that they may, or may not be able to stop shipment.

i really do have to laugh, because for a long time now, there have been many a thread complaining about how QVC wouldn't let one cancel an order, as if they were the only place that did this.

I have said that other places are getting more stringent with cancellations, with narry an acknowledgement of it.

All I have to say now is, "See? I told you guys that QVC wasn't the only place cracking down on cancellations. Believe me now? "

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Well I ordered a couple things from JCP and got my items within a week and even got a follow up survey to asking  "how did they do".....  With all the money Bezos is making it seems he could be doing a better job in shipping/delivery for his Amazon customers.....

AMAZON-ITS NOT BACK TO BUSINESS AS USUAL--

Prime customers have been frustrated by the company's inability to offer regular two-day shipments, opening a window of opportunity to rival retailers that could temporarily offer faster deliveries.  

Amazon finance chief Brian Olsavsky in late April said he still didn't know when his company would be able to return to more one-day shipments, because it was taking longer to get items in and out of warehouses. Amazon's hiring of 175,000 new employees very likely will help to speed up its logistics.

Warehouse workers may not be as happy about the improvements as customers are. Several warehouse employees have protested because nonessential items were being shipped during the pandemic. The workers said they were risking their health to fulfill those shipments.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”