Honored Contributor

I rarely order from Amazon.  Ordered two small items 13 days ago.  Kept waiting for ship confirmation and each time I checked it I got the message that they were "preparing to ship."  So I waited and checked each day -- same thing.  I finally decided to cancel.  Hit the cancel button and got the message "preparing to ship, if you cancel now we can't guarantee the cancellation."  So I hit continue to cancel.and immediately received an email stating cancellation was successful.  Used to hear how great they were.  Now not so sure.  And yes, I know the current situation but when you place the order they should at least let you know there may be a delay and how long it might be.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon is Ridiculous

[ Edited ]

@rms1954   Sounds like your order may have been with a third party seller.  They are often not in a big hurry to ship.  Those fulfilled by Amazon come a  lot faster.

Now all my Q orders say, "Due to civil unrest your order may be delayed.  We'll send you a new arrival date".  I suppose all shippers will have the same problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  .....  When you ordered Amazon didn't give you estimated date for delivery?

Respected Contributor

Did you check the arrival date when you ordered the items? I’ve always found that to be pretty accurate.

Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg great minds... 😀

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  I always check the "free shipping button before I shop a category to avoid the third party shipping delays.  Then I know Amazon will ship it free for $25 or more.  

During the worst of the pandemic, items deemed "non-essential" were a bit slower to arrive, but now it is not uncommon to order an item and receive it in 2 days, even without Prime.

Since it is getting harder all the time to get household items at the grocery store, I order most from Amazon now.

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@rms1954  .....  When you ordered Amazon didn't give you estimated date for delivery?

No.  Just that they would notify when shipped.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I rarely order from Amazon.  Ordered two small items 13 days ago.  Kept waiting for ship confirmation and each time I checked it I got the message that they were "preparing to ship."  So I waited and checked each day -- same thing.  I finally decided to cancel.  Hit the cancel button and got the message "preparing to ship, if you cancel now we can't guarantee the cancellation."  So I hit continue to cancel.and immediately received an email stating cancellation was successful.  Used to hear how great they were.  Now not so sure.  And yes, I know the current situation but when you place the order they should at least let you know there may be a delay and how long it might be.  

I have Amazon Prime. My most recent order took almost three weeks to get to me. I received two or three messages about the delay. Not happy but understandable considering everything. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon is Ridiculous

[ Edited ]

Yu think with all the money Amazon has they could run a better ship during the pandemic.   Jeff bezos   is reeling in the dough from this pandemic, and yet the service is below par.   With all the hubs they have, you wild have thought they could at least hire people to answer phones.  But they depend on other countries for most of their CS, and now they hae hardly anyone manning the phones.  It is an at home job, Jeff Bezos couldnt think of this.   I have ordered from many companies during this pandemic, the worst delivery and frustration with speaking a person being amazon and QVC  .   I Amseriously considering trying t cut ties with amazon.  I tried again today, no phone or and no chat ... try again later  I have Been  dealing wth a problem with them since March 12.  I can probably get charges reserved via my card with amazon, but they can't get a hold of them to try settle issues ..

I can see it being hard to get service with civil unrest, but it has been this way since before unrest.

Honored Contributor
Make sure it’s not a third party seller. It should say shipped and sold by Amazon. I also almost always order Prime. I rarely have a problem and I order 1-2 times a week.