Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon To Start Charging Some Customers To Return Via UPS

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I do my Amazon returns another way.  I print out the return label and tape it on the package, then slip it into a UPS pickup box.  They are all over the place.  The closest one is a few blocks away.  

This only works if the package is small enough to fit into the return bin.

@PinkyPetunia   I live close enough to an Amazon Return Bin that I could walk to it, but for me the downfall would be that I wouldn't have the proof of return label, which shows the exact date & time, not to mention "proof" that I send it back.  Often times, they credit the return shortly after the label was processed.  But I guess we shall see how things go.  This may be only the beginning of things.....$1 today, tomorrow who knows.  

Kind of like now how some retailers & businesses (like doctor's & lawyer's offices) are passing on the fee that the credit card companies are charging the merchant.  They are either calling it a service fee or some other moniker.  Bottom line is they are passing it on to the customer, us.  We ain't in Kansas anymore Toto.  Woman Sad

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon To Start Charging Some Customers To Return Via UPS

I just returned something yesterday at UPS no charge.