Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I recently posted a review on an item I bought via amazon and a 3rd party vendor.   I got an email saying it was rejected due to not meeting the parameters of their review process.  This was my review.  Do you see what's wrong with it because I sure don't :

"Sent the wrong item"

I ordered eye makeup remover and got 'face and eye' remover. They may be the same thing just in different packaging but how would I know. I did contact the company but never heard back from them. It removes mascara OK but there is a bit of a sting/burn when using and I have to go over the lashes many times for it to mostly come off. I might order again, but only if I can be assured that I'll get what I ordered."

Sounds like you got what you ordered. You ordered eye makeup remover and received face and eye remover. Ummm won't that remove your eye makeup too? It's eye remover. Rewrite your review and resubmit.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@World Traveler 

Yes, that is what they sent me too.   I read them and still didn't see why it was rejected.

@Bridgegal LOL!!! I couldn't figure it out either after reading what they sent. I have posted reviews before and never had a problem. Oh, well. 

Respected Contributor

@ID2 

No, I didn't.   They are described as different products.  They are packaged and labeled differently.   

And they are very specific that you can't submit another review on that product.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I recently posted a review on an item I bought via amazon and a 3rd party vendor.   I got an email saying it was rejected due to not meeting the parameters of their review process.  This was my review.  Do you see what's wrong with it because I sure don't :

"Sent the wrong item"

I ordered eye makeup remover and got 'face and eye' remover. They may be the same thing just in different packaging but how would I know. I did contact the company but never heard back from them. It removes mascara OK but there is a bit of a sting/burn when using and I have to go over the lashes many times for it to mostly come off. I might order again, but only if I can be assured that I'll get what I ordered."

Have u thought about ordering this item from Walmart?

Respected Contributor

Aren't most of the other sellers on Amazon covered by the amazon return policy?   why couldn't it have been sent back?

Valued Contributor

I've never had a review rejected and I've left quite a few, both good and bad.

I have contacted them a few times regarding the item I received and they always refunded my money.

One was a dark spot, mole and wart remover. Sounded interesting and I could use it. When it came, took weeks, the directions was in Chinese. The package came from China. There was no way I could figure out how to use it especially because it had so many pieces and was electrical. I had no idea when I ordered it.

I first contacted the seller to tell them I was sending it back for a total refund as their directions were in Chinese and if they were selling in the USA it should be in English.

I received a response telling me to not mail it back as the shipping cost too much. They told me to watch a video on uTube and it would show how to use it.

I responded, I wanted a refund.

I then contacted Amazon and told them what happened and the seller refused to refund.

I then got a email from the seller that said, just keep the item, it costs to much to refund it.

Then next day, Amazon refunded my money. So this complicated gadget is still sitting in the box in my closet. I have never even tried to use it. I forgot about it and just found it yesterday and then I saw this post.

BTW, this has happened before with 3rd party sellers. I get a refund without returning the item.

Very weird!

Esteemed Contributor

When something is wrong with what I ordered, I don't write a review.  I just call Amazon on the phone and tell them about my displeasure with the product. They fix the problem and my money is refunded.  I also do this when I don't receive the product. Same result-- a refund.   I find the vendors are afraid of Amazon and if I complain directly I get a better result.  Writing a negative review, although true does not get me anything.  

Respected Contributor

@kivah 

Actually, I didn't.  It never occured to me.   They do have it online.  It cost a bit more but I drive right by a Walmart on my way to the bridge club so I'll try that next time, if they offer ship -> pick up in store on it.   thanks.

Respected Contributor

@lovescats 

First of all, I love them too.

I didn't want to go to the hassle of returning it.   It wasn't expensive and it works well enough.  I'll use it up and order it somewhere else or try another brand. 

My post was about amazon's rejection of my review and not knowing why.   I thought maybe someone here might have had the same experience and could explain why.