Honored Contributor
The item may actually be in stock but if it’s not deemed essential (food, medicine etc) they are not delivering right now. The volume of orders is so massive they are prioritizing shipments. BTW pet food and supplies are considered essential.
Honored Contributor

Unless it is an essential item, really needed to immediately help our household function during this crisis, I'm staying out of Amazon's way for the time being.

I want them to be able to concentrate on shipping needed healthcare items, etc. and not my fun, random purchases.

I had placed an order a week or so ago for just some random things and the next morning I regretted it because they weren't items we NEEDED.  I tried to cancel, but couldn't.  I felt horrible for having someone come deliver those items to me.  

I'm trying to keep in mind that while people need and want to work and some industries are essential, I hate having someone risk their personal safety health wise to deliver a jigsaw puzzle (or whatever) to me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I think they cut down their people to about half.  But it also probably depends on the availablility of things they get to ship out.  Think late is better than not at all, and all at this time we can hope for.  We have to expand our patience belt.  Soon, soon, this someday will just be a memory.  Let's hope!  Have a good day, anyway.

Super Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I placed an order yesterday for two things.  One will be here by Saturday....the other by April 21st?  They never stated that the product would take a month to deliver when I ordered.

Why  would Amazon even accept an order on prime that will take a month to arrive?They should  Just say not available. 

I do not care about waiting... a week or two....but a month? 

Just an update. I posted earlier that I had the same issue. I cancelled the original order since it was to ship April 21 and reordered it just for fun. Guess what? It shipped yesterday and will arrive Saturday.

Honored Contributor

I ordered popcorn, cat treats, and a new bathroom scale and delivery was supposed to be today. Then I got an email advising me the scale was having an issue and might be delayed. Then they delivered the scale yesterday, a day early. The popcorn and cat treats are coming tomorrow now, a day late. I have no idea why the scale showed up a day early and the rest a day late, but it's all coming, so that's good.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I placed an order yesterday for two things.  One will be here by Saturday....the other by April 21st?  They never stated that the product would take a month to deliver when I ordered.

Why  would Amazon even accept an order on prime that will take a month to arrive?They should  Just say not available. 

I've always had warnings both on the listing AND in the delivery section when an order cannot be delivered in 2 days. Tomorrow I'm getting a pulse oximeter I ordered via Prime last week and it clearly posted the date the item was expected to arrive in stock and the order page explicitly listed the day it would arrive.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden I have prime and about the same time you did I ordered an item from Amazon… a nonessential item. I got an email today that it has shipped and will be here on Wednesday. Maybe yours will come earlier than expected also.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

I ordered popcorn, cat treats, and a new bathroom scale and delivery was supposed to be today. Then I got an email advising me the scale was having an issue and might be delayed. Then they delivered the scale yesterday, a day early. The popcorn and cat treats are coming tomorrow now, a day late. I have no idea why the scale showed up a day early and the rest a day late, but it's all coming, so that's good.

@gardenman 

You are lucky to get those cat treats....my poor kitties have been out of their favorite treats for several weeks now....and they dont like the substitues they got.... Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I have three things sitting in my cart, not essentials that I really want but not sure I want to wait until 4/20 for them to ship.

I'm not a Prime member so I'm not even sure they were Prime eligible.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

@gardenman 

You are lucky to get those cat treats....my poor kitties have been out of their favorite treats for several weeks now....and they dont like the substitues they got.... Cat LOL

God help you! My two cats get treats first thing in the morning and the between three and four in the afternoon. They don't forget and won't accept substitutes should I run out. They love the Temptations chicken treats and Amazon's been keeping me supplied so far. I've got enough now until mid to late April.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!