Honored Contributor

By the time this is over my toenails will be growing out the toes of my shoes and my fingernails will be curling.  My pixie hair cut will look like a shaggy dog.  Oh whoa is whoa is me! (think Linda Rondstat song).

Now is not the time for self pity.  The medical profession is on the front line taking all the risks.  How dare I set at home and feel sorry for myself.  Time to s&ck it up buttercup!

God bless all who is out daily fighting for us.  They are in my daily prayers and I owe them a debt that can not be repaid.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Poor, poor pitiful me

[ Edited ]

i saw an article recently about some celebrites and how they had to get along with some gray hair showing. i actually though aww you poor thing

( not meaning it of course!)

these very rich people could do so much in their communities with some of their money i feel. and yes I do know that many are doing it!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs     Most of what celebrities post about their hair is done with a commical spin to keep the spirits of others up and try to normalize things that many of us are also experiencing!  We all can't just set around going boo hoo poor me!!

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie:  Amen!!! 

Respected Contributor

now I'm singing Linda Ronstadt Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Great post @Imaoldhippie 👍🏼 So true 🙏

⚓️
Contributor

Re: Poor, poor pitiful me

[ Edited ]

Yes, thank you to our front-line loved ones, neighbors, friends and community members who continue to step up to save lives and allow us to eat, get mail/packages, get our meds and maintain some normalcy.

To my hairdresser, I will be back.  I have been considering going gray and you told me that you could make that happen for me to see. When I can get back to see you, I may already know.  

Best wishes for a great day all!

Honored Contributor

I like to say, "buck up, bucko!!"  

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie,  although totally off topic and only a matter of curiosity I have to ask, are you from the south?

I'm only asking because you wrote, " How dare I set at home and feel sorry for myself." and the use of "set" stood out to me and I don't know if you are a southerner or if that was a typo.

"Come on in a set a spell" is a very common phrase around here so it piqued my curiosity.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp ............Im a born and bred Ohio country girl.  But I have lived in the south for 15 years.  South Carolina for 10 and now North Carolina for 5 years.

Actually, I was raised a construction brat.  Until I was a Sophomore in HS, we lived all over the US, where ever dads job sent us.  Finished the last 3 years of HS in my Ohio home town.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)