Honored Contributor

I placed an order yesterday for two things.  One will be here by Saturday....the other by April 21st?  They never stated that the product would take a month to deliver when I ordered.

Why  would Amazon even accept an order on prime that will take a month to arrive?They should  Just say not available. 

I do not care about waiting... a week or two....but a month? 

Respected Contributor

I ordered crocheted doilies on Amazon.  When I saw the estimated delivery date 6 weeks out, I went back and realized I had ordered it from a lady in China.  I took a chance and contacted her (wasn't sure she spoke or read English).  She and her husband were transferred to China from Kentucky.  Her mother taught her how to crochet and cross-stitch.  Anyway, they were worth the wait.  Lovely craftsmanship.

From then on, I double check origin.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

I just cancelled an order for jellybeans this morning because they had an April 22 delivery date. Clearly that wasn't the date shown when I ordered or I wouldn't have ordered them. The rest of my Easter candy's okay so far, but I'm going to check the ETA until they're delivered.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

i have several longer-term delivery dates actually being shortened. i am trying to think way ahead due to obvious demand. i am not wild about going out in L A for anything these days.

but i have never not had a good delivery date estimate when i placed the order with Amazon.  quite grateful for how it is handling a tough situation. maybe we are getting better service in NY LA SF due to more serious conditions than other parts of the country

Super Contributor
Honored Contributor

The April delivery date is not always true, I ordered two items with those dates and they are arriving later this week 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I have found that when I click on a item to order, it gives a date it will be available.  However, that information is not always in the same spot.  You really have to look for it.

Honored Contributor

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg as far as deliveries.  Im guessing that a lot of semi's will be used for necessary items such as food.  The possibility of asking people not to order un-necessary items for a period of time may be in our near future.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Beggers can't be choosers. Many items are in short supply everywhere. How long you're willing to wait depends on how badly you need or want it. 

Honored Contributor

Given the overload on the online system including the warehouse workers, the truckers, the local delivery people, etc.  I think the company is being very responsible if they can deliver essentials ahead of non-life sustaining products.  My kudos to Amazon for trying.