Respected Contributor

I have a Trial for Prime running out next week. Even though I don’t buy the most of my online from Amazon I did like the Amazon Music.

I am not sure if the Amazon Music is included in the yearly subscription or just in the trial. 

Do you enjoy having the Prime and I know TV shows and videos as well as free shipping on some items are free but a little confused about the rest of the benefits.

Any input from your own experience will be appreciated.

I did like if I aske for Alexa to play any song I asked she could usually do it and then tell me who sings it.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

Did not know Amazon music was included with the Prime subscription.

We have been Prime members for about 4 years. Could not be without it.

I order nearly everything from P.

Had a trial for Prime music but really didn’t use it because we were not ready to incorporate music into our lives at that time. But we are ready now!

I use the book features/reviews/TV programs.

Have used “Fresh” once and “Prime Pantry” once.

Am trying to use “subscriptions” but always get caught needing more/less.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I just found an article on CNET dated late last year that says there are 21 benefits on Amazon Prime. I would just google CNET and then Amazon Prime in their search area. I wanted to but the internet site here but didn’t want it deleted. 

Interesting article.

Super Contributor

Prime Music is included but you can upgrade to Music Unlimited if you need more songs then are included in Prime Music.  

Trusted Contributor

If all you used was Amazon Music, I believe you can purchase a membership to just that.  

Personally I don't feel that the amount you need to pay for a yearly Amazon Prime membership is worth it if you aren't using everything that it has to offer.  You can get free shipping so many places, I don't consider paying Amazon to be worth it.

You must not have been watching the shows and videos or using the books either while you had the free trial so how much will you really use it if you are paying?

Regular Contributor

I love prime membership. Don't forget you also get savings at Whole Foods if you have one near you.

For the most part the music is great. On some songs you may get the "live" version or a cover version. Then sometimes certain songs get greyed out and I can't play them anymore. I haven't search on the titles, maybe another version of the song is available.

Super Contributor

I have had Amazon Prime now for several years. I love it. I do most of my internet shopping on Amazon. You not only get free shipping on Amazon Prime products and free music, you also get to choose a free book to read every month in addition to free Amazon Videos where you can watch movies and TV programs. As much as possible, I make sure the products I buy are Amazon Prime. This gives free shipping and extreme ease of free returns if the item does not prove to be satisfactory.

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime question

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 @EllieMuncaster and @Apple Crisp Thank you for the feedback and to all.

Love the apple crisp name. 

I haven’t used the Amazon trial as much as I would be using on the Amazon Prime yet but would like to try the Videos and the books. We don’t have a Whole Foods near us. I definitely would use the music as I play my Alexa for my music. I would look more through Amazon when shopping due to the free shipping and the fast shipping.

I have another week befor my trial runs out.

I have Sirius on my SUV but it is cheaper to get the Amazon Prime with all the extras than put Sirius on my Alexa and iPads.

Honored Contributor

This is my first year with a Prime subscription.  Because my credit card was constantly being compromised, I decided to get a second credit card so that I could use one for online only and one for in store purchases.  This way if one is compromised, I had the other one to use until I can get the compromised one replaced.

I decided to get the Amazon Chase credit card so that I get Amazon points to use for purchases.  It came with a $99 credit which I used to purchase Prime for one year.

Amazon Music is good enough, I don't feel I need Music Unlimited.  I can listen on my Echo Shows and in my car on the phone app through the bluetooth (although I have Sirius XM now, so I don't do this anymore).

As for Prime Video, so much is not free that I don't think it's worth it just for the video piece.  Other than their original stuff, I have yet to find anythign I want to watch (old or new) that I don't have to pay for.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I love Prime.  Use it for books (Fire tablet) music (Alexa) lots of shipping (I love in resort community so even use subscriptions for paper products etc). Love it all!