Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Question....

I no longer have Prime, but I did notice in the last few months of my member ship that they often offered me a discount on future shipments if I'd accept a longer ship time.

I rarely care about speed of shipping, so I usually opted for the discount.

I'd call and ask Amazon -   for a discount on future purchases at the very least.

Honored Contributor

I haven't had that experience and I buy from Amazon a lot, my sister does too.  We were talking about Amazon the other day, about how fast it is.  I ordered Brownie Brittle late Friday night and they delivered it at 11am Sunday.  My sister ordered a wig on Friday it was delivered on Sunday.  That's the way it goes with all my Amazon Prime purchases.  Of course, there are some items that say they are not eligible for Prime (not sure of the exact phrase) which means you aren't going to get it in 48 hrs. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

I no longer have Prime, but I did notice in the last few months of my member ship that they often offered me a discount on future shipments if I'd accept a longer ship time.

I rarely care about speed of shipping, so I usually opted for the discount.

I'd call and ask Amazon -   for a discount on future purchases at the very least.

@millieshops It is interesting you say that about the speed, because I'm a very organized person and always plan ahead and order things taking into account that it might take a week or so to get to me. So I rarely run out of things without a backup of whatever it is I use, and like you rarely care about the speed of shipping.

However, since using Prime......WOW!!! Now I'm so used to speedy delivery, I would prefer not to go back to the other way of receiving things. In this day and age of speed, whether it is our computers or drive-thru food places, I've gotten used to instantaneous gratification! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

It happens sometimes with SOME items, but generally it does not. I always read the estimated delivery date. There are some items they do not keep in stock and it will say how many days it takes to process. After having this happen to me once, I always read the part about delivery time before I check out.

Processing and shipping are not the same. It will always take two days to SHIP, even if it takes 2 days to process before it ships. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sometime when you order, it is coming from an outside seller through AMAZON, So it takes longer because then it is not PRIME, LOOK CLOSELY, IT WILL SAY THIS.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It happens sometimes with SOME items, but generally it does not. I always read the estimated delivery date. There are some items they do not keep in stock and it will say how many days it takes to process. After having this happen to me once, I always read the part about delivery time before I check out.

Processing and shipping are not the same. It will always take two days to SHIP, even if it takes 2 days to process before it ships. 

@ChynnaBlue ^^This. You really have to pay attention now. I recently ordered items for a party. Some I noticed when I went to check out had longer delivery times. I'm not willing to pay more for an item on Amazon if I'm not getting it in two days. So off to the store I went as my items were time sensitive. They have been losing some of my business lately.  If it continues, I may cancel. Most regular items on Amazon are much higher priced than getting them locally. 

Respected Contributor

The only time I had something take longer to arrive than 2 days was when it was close to Christmas.  It still made it before Christmas.  But no, I have never had anything take 5 days to get to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've used Amazon Prime for many years.  It now takes about 5+ days to receive a so-called Prime shipment. 

I've contacted Amazon several times and they say, "It takes 2 days to pull the shipment and then to mail it, resulting in 5+ days for me to receive. 

Is this normal?  I wonder why some of my shipments I receive in 2 days. 

Does anyone else have problems?  I live in a large city.  

Most of my orders arrive within 1 or 2 days, except for some items which are listed as not Prime eligible, but the most I have had to wait for those items is 4-5 days. 

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've used Amazon Prime for many years.  It now takes about 5+ days to receive a so-called Prime shipment. 

I've contacted Amazon several times and they say, "It takes 2 days to pull the shipment and then to mail it, resulting in 5+ days for me to receive. 

Is this normal?  I wonder why some of my shipments I receive in 2 days. 

Does anyone else have problems?  I live in a large city.  

Go into your one click settings and make sure you have 2 day shipping set as your default. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm with the majority here - most of my orders arrive within two days.  One (from an outside vendor) took three days, but everything arrives by the specified "delivery date".

Amazon Prime includes a lot more than just faster shipping though.  My DH takes advantage of the other things, like video streaming and instant downloads.  I don't, but he uses it a lot.