Respected Contributor

I've used Amazon Prime for many years.  It now takes about 5+ days to receive a so-called Prime shipment. 

I've contacted Amazon several times and they say, "It takes 2 days to pull the shipment and then to mail it, resulting in 5+ days for me to receive. 

Is this normal?  I wonder why some of my shipments I receive in 2 days. 

Does anyone else have problems?  I live in a large city.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Question....

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've used Amazon Prime for many years.  It now takes about 5+ days to receive a so-called Prime shipment. 

I've contacted Amazon several times and they say, "It takes 2 days to pull the shipment and then to mail it, resulting in 5+ days for me to receive. 

Is this normal?  I wonder why some of my shipments I receive in 2 days. 

Does anyone else have problems?  I live in a large city.  

I don't think that is normal, at least not my experience, and we order from Amazon at least every week, sometimes more.  I did notice that when checking out, it used to default to fast shipping, now it defaults to a slower shipping and you have to select the faster shipping.  Sneaky yes but fast Prime shipping is still available.

Regular Contributor

YUP!! This has happened to me SO many time over the past year or so. The free shipping in nice but I almost NEVER get 2 day. It will still show prime and unless you look REALLY closely you won't notie that it's NOT 2 day shipping. Very frustrating. 

Valued Contributor

My son has it and I have him place my orders.   Last order I placed was on a Friday and package was delivered on Sunday.  Have never had to wait 5 days

Respected Contributor

So I would questions why anyone would pay for Prime when I get my packages from Amazon within 5 days anyway?  Good to know. 

Honored Contributor

I dont have prime anymore but sometimes use my kids and  it's definitely slower

their shipping overall is much slower, years ago before Prime orders arrived in a few days now not so much 

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate, I noticed that some Prime orders ship in 2 business days, instead of 2  days.  This would make the shipping time longer.  

I have not not had a problem when regular 2 day shipping was available.

Respected Contributor

We signed up for Prime last year. Nintey percent of our orders arrive within 24 hours.

Honored Contributor

Where I work I use Amazon Prime a couple of times a week on average for our organization. I get purchases within 48 hours (order Monday, get it on Wednesday), unless it is an item that is being received thru a third-party company. As long as you click on the Amazon Prime item and not another company selling thru Amazon, you get it quickly.

I also have Amazon Prime for my personal account at home. Stuff comes so fast that I laughingly look up in the sky and truly wonder if they are using drones to deliver it! No kidding, it is super fast!

Respected Contributor

My experience with Amazon Prime is mostly recent, but so far this year I've made six purchases from AP.  Three of them were delivered in two days and the actual delivery came on Sunday each time.  Surprising to me, and I have been very pleased. 

The others have taken two to three day - never more  Love working with AP and will continue to do so.  No complaints here.