Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Price Increase

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I ordered from Amazon on 4/22 and it arrived yesterday.  I had not renewed my prime when I placed that order and not only that removed my c.c. to make sure it would not get billed.  Oh and my shipping was free.  

But if you didn't want the item did you cancel the item?

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I'm watching the nightly news, and they just said that Amazon Prime will be going up from $99 to $119.  That's quite a jump!  I use it all the time though and will pay it.  I'm not happy about it though.

I'm not thrilled, but I'm also getting more than ever before from my Prime service. I use Prime Now a lot. I've been home sick for a week now and they've delivered me cold medication, tissues, and food. They've made it much easier for me to be sick while single and living alone.

They're also working on a Whole Foods discount for Prime members. It's being piloted in one city now and should expand to other Whole Foods locations soon. I don't shop at Whole Foods often, but there's one between my office and my home and if the prices were better, I'd shop there more often.

I'm hoping it won't go up more if the USPS doubles their shipping charges for Amazon. The president has been pressuring the USPS to do that and they have so far not done it, but that could make Prime costs go up even more next year.

Honored Contributor

I just renewed under the wire for the price hike. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval