Honored Contributor

I'm watching the nightly news, and they just said that Amazon Prime will be going up from $99 to $119.  That's quite a jump!  I use it all the time though and will pay it.  I'm not happy about it though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Price Increase

I had my Prime renewal charge last month and it was $104.95.

Valued Contributor

@NickNack  I'm not happy about it either. I wish they would keep the price the same for those of us that already have a membership and raise prices only for new subscribers. It costs more for a business to attract new customers than it does to retain loyal customers. I enrolled in prime when they first started it several years ago. I'll keep it because I like the prime video, and I have echo dots, an echo tower, a fire stick, as well as several kindles.  

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Honored Contributor

As a student, I get it for 1/2 price. Even at full price it would pay for itself because I order from Amazon so much.
Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

I had my Prime renewal charge last month and it was $104.95.

@CLEM, I also just renewed my Amazon Prime at the same price as you. For once I actually caught a break!

Honored Contributor

I saw that.  I was barely justifying $99.  I need to check when my renewal is due.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just got my membership bill and it was $106.90.   Last April I paid $106.90.  There was NO increase.   I looked on Prime and it says I pay 99.00 so the rest must be CA state tax.

Trusted Contributor

Customers of Amazon Prime just had a price increase the 1st of February 2018.  So, three short months later, we're getting another increase?!

I save money with Amazon Prime, but I'm feeling like Amazon may be taking advantage of its Prime members.  I would think the very least Amazon could do is refrain from increasing prices for one year after a previous increase!

Honored Contributor

My Prime renewed this month for the usual 99.00, I hate increases like everyone else, but Prime is worth it to me. iIn addition to 2 day shipping, I love Amazon video.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Sigh, I'll pay it.  It's the biggest bargain in my budget.  Since my mobility is limited it saves me a lot of pain and aggravation.  Use it several times a week for this and that, all dog food and pet supplies and I love Prime Video.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment