Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Price Increase

I ordered from Amazon on 4/22 and it arrived yesterday.  I had not renewed my prime when I placed that order and not only that removed my c.c. to make sure it would not get billed.  Oh and my shipping was free.  

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Almost forgot: another Prime benefit is Washington Post is $3.99 month ($10.99 for non members). I have been a Post reader since I could read!

@patbz

is that print or just digital?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I went month to month and almost as soon as I did, they raised the monthly charge too. I'm pretty much over Amazon and Prime. I don't use most of the features and the third party vendors are often not held to the two day delivery guarantee. I get tired of the constant fluctuation in prices and find that Amazon works best for me when I'm seeking a very specific item. 'Browsing' there is onerous and overwhelming. While lack of variety is worse, offering too much has its downside too. I'll stick with it long enough to order a few things and then cancel Prime. It's doubtful, but if the time comes when I think I might use more of the offerings, I can always start over should I choose to.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Almost forgot: another Prime benefit is Washington Post is $3.99 month ($10.99 for non members). I have been a Post reader since I could read!

@patbz.  I didn't know that.  I was on the Post website today looking for something.  I love their viewpoint.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:
I would love to see Amazon provide various levels of "bundles" of Prime - much like cable companies. My biggest two interests are free shipping and the Prime lending library. I don't listen to their music and don't stream movies or watch Amazon exclusive shows. Since I don't order as much as I did in days gone by, I feel the cost savings is just not there for me anymore.

This would be a great idea! I don’t do anything on Amazon except Buy things so this price increase isn’t worth it to me either. I’m also Finding many things cheaper elsewhere so Amazon isn’t the value for me that it used to be. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45Smiley Very Happyigital only.

Trusted Contributor

I cannnot believe I have shared my account with my son for years now, and had no idea students pay half price. He has been in a Master's program (course by course) for 5 years and the acount is in my name. Darn!

So now we switch it to his name, and I will be on his account. Price increase hurts less now Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

I cannnot believe I have shared my account with my son for years now, and had no idea students pay half price. He has been in a Master's program (course by course) for 5 years and the acount is in my name. Darn!

So now we switch it to his name, and I will be on his account. Price increase hurts less now Smiley Happy

Hmm, maybe I can talk one of mine into going back to school?Smiley Frustrated

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

As a caregiver Prime is a lifesaver for me. I can order practically anything.

The customer service is great. I have received credits for Prime Pantry items when boxes of grocery or household items are crushed or dented. I preordered the Jesus Christ Superstar CD, received it yesterday. They gave me a $2 credit for the price drop between preorder and delivery. They always do that with preorders.

I have a Fire stick but I don't have much time or energy to watch. Same with Amazon music and books/magazines. But the yearly cost is still well worth it to me. Plus I have the Amazon credit card with the 5 % cash back rewards.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I order from Amazon all the time, so I will be keeping Prime.