Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Price Increase

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sigh, I'll pay it.  It's the biggest bargain in my budget.  Since my mobility is limited it saves me a lot of pain and aggravation.  Use it several times a week for this and that, all dog cat food and pet supplies and I love Prime Video.

Same here!

Esteemed Contributor

I've been a customer since the beginning.  Live in a rural area (3 hrs from major shopping) so we order via Prime several tmes a week.  Add video and music (very big for us) plus multiple Fire products and several Dots (including free and discounted books, newspapers) and it is essential to our budget.

Honored Contributor

I don't $20 is a big jump at all.  I'm surprised it remained $99 for so many years.  Don't forget, we get whole LOT of things with our Prime membership, it's not just free shipping and speedy delivery.  If they doubled Prime, it would still be a big benefit for me.  I'd still buy it.  Heck, I spent $20 on chinese food last night....lol

Respected Contributor

I just read that Amazon has 100 million prime members

Valued Contributor

My membership expires in early August. Prior to the announcement of a rate increase I was debating dropping it; now the internal debate is over - I won't be renewing.
Honored Contributor

I just checked. I renewed in January for $99. 

I’ll pay the increased price. I order from Amazon all the time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

$89.00 wasn't worth it for me when that's what it was so $119.00 definitely isn't worth it.

I don't order from Amazon that much.   

Valued Contributor

I would love to see Amazon provide various levels of "bundles" of Prime - much like cable companies. My biggest two interests are free shipping and the Prime lending library. I don't listen to their music and don't stream movies or watch Amazon exclusive shows. Since I don't order as much as I did in days gone by, I feel the cost savings is just not there for me anymore.
Trusted Contributor

We are prime members, and use Amazon all the time.

I had to laugh when a parcel arrived for my husband containing

several sets of paint brushes of various sizes.  For a guy who

walks the isles of both Lowes and Home Depot frequently,

he also likes going online and ordering.

Esteemed Contributor

Almost forgot: another Prime benefit is Washington Post is $3.99 month ($10.99 for non members). I have been a Post reader since I could read!