Respected Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Day

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

Last year on Prime day I bought my husband a Paperwhite kindle.  I don't recall what the saving were but from what I remember is was a good mount and I wanted to get one for him anyway.

Today I purchased an Echo.  It was $50.00 off from the regular price.  I haven't decided if I should give it to my mother for her birthday (she'll be 90 in Oct.) and though I will have to set it up for her I though it might be helpful and she might really enjoy it. My only hesitation is that she's a bit hard of hearing.

...Or should I give it to my husband for the holidays. I will have to call Amazon to find out what their holiday return policy is if there is a problem with items purchased on Prime day.

@haddon9 Echo can be really loud and clear if you want.  I don't think she would have a problem.  My stepdad is very hard of hearing and he loves his.  My mom also can't hear very well and they both enjoy it.  They were concerned about that issue, but the love it.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Last year on Prime day I bought my husband a Paperwhite kindle.  I don't recall what the saving were but from what I remember is was a good mount and I wanted to get one for him anyway.

Today I purchased an Echo.  It was $50.00 off from the regular price.  I haven't decided if I should give it to my mother for her birthday (she'll be 90 in Oct.) and though I will have to set it up for her I though it might be helpful and she might really enjoy it. My only hesitation is that she's a bit hard of hearing.

...Or should I give it to my husband for the holidays. I will have to call Amazon to find out what their holiday return policy is if there is a problem with items purchased on Prime day.

@haddon9 Echo can be really loud and clear if you want.  I don't think she would have a problem.  My stepdad is very hard of hearing and he loves his.  My mom also can't hear very well and they both enjoy it.  They were concerned about that issue, but the love it.

Thanks Mima!  We received the Echo and my husband who couldn't wait set it up & has been using it.  I did see how you can adjust the volume and it can get quite loud so that shouldn't be an issue.  We'll continue to use and see how it goes. So far so good!

If I think my mom will like it her birthday isn't unitl October so I have time to buy another...I did like getting the Prime day price for it though.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@mima wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

Thanks Mima!  We received the Echo and my husband who couldn't wait set it up & has been using it.  I did see how you can adjust the volume and it can get quite loud so that shouldn't be an issue.  We'll continue to use and see how it goes. So far so good!

If I think my mom will like it her birthday isn't unitl October so I have time to buy another...I did like getting the Prime day price for it though.

Sometimes Amazon has a payment plan with the "Echo". You may want to check the Amazon site everyday.