Honored Contributor

Kohl's and Macy's have a big promo code this week. Usually, I find coffee makers and things for less there than at Amazon. There are lots of things cheaper at Amazon but small appliances is rarely one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@pieman wrote:

Speaking of Amazon I left them long ago,least I thought I did.

I was being charged for large tv's, phones, you name it.

I would phone them, tell them I never ordered the things. I asked them to tell me where the items were delivered to and to whom, "oh we can't tell you"

So I went into my account, deleted all my info and thought it was all over, Wrong!

Happened again last night, so I phoned again. got the same garbage again. I asked how this keeps happening,, They said my account was never closed. I showed them it was and they said, they don't accept what I did and that they had special  form that they use............... Well I got that form from them and filled it out, then had them email it back showing me all was closed,, I will never shop with them again! If I can't find what I need on QVC or the stores themselves, the heck with it.. I never had this problem here,

Now I know I got off your coffee pot question, but whn I saw Amazon, the red light went off in my head...

I hope you find a coffee pot just stay away from Amazon, you'll be buying everyone one!   Have a good day!

I find this story as stated to be almost unbelievable. It doesn't make sense and doesn't sound anything like the Amazon I'm accustomed to.

I agree.  It doesn't make sense.  Was this actually Amazon?  The real Amazon?  Or did all of this result from a scam email?  Sure doesn't sound like actual Amazon to me. 

And in my experience of many years, Amazon's CS is excellent.  They have gone above & beyond for me many times.  A recent delivery issue was taken care of promptly and perfectly.  That's what I've come to expect.  Every company should have the kind of CS that Amazon has.  

Honored Contributor

This is off the topic of coffee makers but I have noticed that Amazon has some ridiculous food prices.  I had gotten some chunky peanut butter as part of a gift from Stonewall Kitchen.  I looked on their website and the peanut butter was $9.95 so I went to Amazon and it was almost double in price for one jar the same size.  I have run into this on a couple of other items.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

This is off the topic of coffee makers but I have noticed that Amazon has some ridiculous food prices.  I had gotten some chunky peanut butter as part of a gift from Stonewall Kitchen.  I looked on their website and the peanut butter was $9.95 so I went to Amazon and it was almost double in price for one jar the same size.  I have run into this on a couple of other items.

@DiAnne, when I was getting Amazon Fresh deliveries, the prices were mostly less than retail. I think that the prices might not be as good on their regular food offerings.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@pieman wrote:

Speaking of Amazon I left them long ago,least I thought I did.

I was being charged for large tv's, phones, you name it.

I would phone them, tell them I never ordered the things. I asked them to tell me where the items were delivered to and to whom, "oh we can't tell you"

So I went into my account, deleted all my info and thought it was all over, Wrong!

Happened again last night, so I phoned again. got the same garbage again. I asked how this keeps happening,, They said my account was never closed. I showed them it was and they said, they don't accept what I did and that they had special  form that they use............... Well I got that form from them and filled it out, then had them email it back showing me all was closed,, I will never shop with them again! If I can't find what I need on QVC or the stores themselves, the heck with it.. I never had this problem here,

Now I know I got off your coffee pot question, but whn I saw Amazon, the red light went off in my head...

I hope you find a coffee pot just stay away from Amazon, you'll be buying everyone one!   Have a good day!

I find this story as stated to be almost unbelievable. It doesn't make sense and doesn't sound anything like the Amazon I'm accustomed to.

I agree.  It doesn't make sense.  Was this actually Amazon?  The real Amazon?  Or did all of this result from a scam email?  Sure doesn't sound like actual Amazon to me. 

And in my experience of many years, Amazon's CS is excellent.  They have gone above & beyond for me many times.  A recent delivery issue was taken care of promptly and perfectly.  That's what I've come to expect.  Every company should have the kind of CS that Amazon has.  

@suzyQ3 @NYC Susan  👍

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Yeah, after doing all the reading and comparisons, you just pick one in your price range and go for it. 

@Kachina624   I agree. And, if its a brand I'm familiar with, I just ignore most of the reviews.  Nothing will ever be perfect for everyone.