Respected Contributor

Anyone Else Eligible for 3rd Stimulus Check still not Get It??

Even though I e-filed 2019 taxes I received the first two stimulus payments via check.

From the letter I received about the 3rd one, sounded like I might be getting a debit card this time.

At any rate...it's June, and it's a no show.

I've been online, taken all the steps, says it "went out 3/26 to be received around mid-April"...otherwise I'd have to have a "trace put on it.". I called the number for that, said my "wait time was between 30-60 minutes" and of course...after 20 minutes the call dropped!

Chasing anything from the IRS or .Gov is impossible, (in good times, much less "Covid times") more than usual...still waiting for my deceased mom's 2019  tax refund...that's been a no man's land of no help as well...online has said "in process" for over a year, and can't get anyone by phone. Accountant wrote letters...no resolution yet.

Anyway...if anyone can advise ANYthing if they've had to put a trace on the last stimulus payment I'd appreciate it. TIA.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Eligible for 3rd Stimulus Check still not Get It??

We received our 3rd stimulus check a while back. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't think we had received it either, but then after going back through the checking account saw that it was indeed automatically deposited.

Honored Contributor

@amyb    If I were you, I'd contact one of my elected representative and ask for help.  Nothing gets a government agency moving as fast as a Congressional inquiry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

My son has been working with our representative for about a year now and still no stimulus money. None not one penny.

The IRS keeps giving different reasons and none are accurate.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Esteemed Contributor

If you received the first 2 amounts via direct deposit, it's sort of hard to understand why you'd receive the 3rd one with a debit card. Did the letter you received specifically say you would? The easiest and most inexpensive way for the IRS is to send the stimulus money through direct deposit to those of us who filed our taxes and provided a bank checking account/routing number. Are you absoluely sure that you didn't receive it and maybe missed noticing? I don't mean to offend you, but sometimes that happens. The debit card method would not normally be used if you had filed your taxes elecronically along with your bank info.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jannabelle1 wrote:

If you received the first 2 amounts via direct deposit, it's sort of hard to understand why you'd receive the 3rd one with a debit card. Did the letter you received specifically say you would? The easiest and most inexpensive way for the IRS is to send the stimulus money through direct deposit to those of us who filed our taxes and provided a bank checking account/routing number. Are you absoluely sure that you didn't receive it and maybe missed noticing? I don't mean to offend you, but sometimes that happens. The debit card method would not normally be used if you had filed your taxes elecronically along with your bank info.

Absolutely sure no direct deposit receipt.

I received the first two as checks. (though I DID file my income tax electronically...still received them via check)

The letter said it would be debit card, I recall because I thought to myself that was my least favorite way to receive it, and I wondered why the change, and then it gave an "or" other option, which I believe was check.  That I would get "either/or."

Anyway, no receipt of anything as of yet.

Respected Contributor

@azgal wrote:

My son has been working with our representative for about a year now and still no stimulus money. None not one penny.

The IRS keeps giving different reasons and none are accurate.

They are absolutely atrocious this past year and a half...no excuses, I'm sorry...get with it government, if you are actually trying to HELP people during a crisis! Jeez.

My dead mom's "missing tax refund" is just ridiculous too...and no way, yet, to get any help from anyone! And her being "audited" is a joke too. 91 years no problem, of a responsible, tax paying citizen...and the year she dies she gets audited! Just to add to the many things one already needs to resolve in someone's estate. But they are "Johnny on the spot" when they are looking to get their money, if you owe them any!