Super Contributor

Re: Amazon - Impressive Shipping

@tarsmom   Returns are easy, too!  I always read the product reviews on Amazon and glean valuable information.  Comparison shopping is super easy and I keep several lists running - need to buy, Christmas, birthdays, Wish List, etc.  Very convenient!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We had delays with Amazon earlier in the pandemic, it seems to be back to normal for us since June.  We get all deliveries when promised (or earlier) - next day or same day delivery.  I think it depends on where you live and if are located close to an Amazon warehouse.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's a real kicker for you.  You know that new product qvc showed FarmHouse Fresh? Amazon sells it with free shipping and I've already ordered an item and already received it! Ha!!!  Qvc will take their time shipping out theirs and charge of course for shipping.  No way is that an option for this shopper! 

eta: in addition many beauty salons sell it on their shelves; all you have to do is google the salons in your area.  

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has impressive shipping thanks to stressed employees.  Employees are required to pack 700 items per hour and are immediately fired if they miss that quota.  They are tracked by computers and treated like robots. Union organizations not permitted to protect employees.  Although it seems pay and benefits are good.  I've just seen too many disturbing pieces on their warehouse conditions and the stress on employees that I try and stay away from ordering from them.  Impressive shipping comes with a cost.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, they're on the ball

Valued Contributor

Amazon is incredible!! They make it so easy to order, then you get your items within 48 hours if you have Prime. And as far as returns go, within an hour of signing your item into the post office they process your refund. They don't even wait until they receive it!! Remarkable company.

Respected Contributor

Yes! Amazon made no big excuses for slow shipping and I had none of that.All my items come within 2 days. Amazon is on the ball unlike USPS. I just did tracking on a package and got a message I never got before from the PO saying to expect delivery today "by 8 o'clock"......8!!!! When did mail start being delivered at 8PM? I got it by 11 AM for 30 years. What is going on?

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Yes! Amazon made no big excuses for slow shipping and I had none of that.All my items come within 2 days. Amazon is on the ball unlike USPS. I just did tracking on a package and got a message I never got before from the PO saying to expect delivery today "by 8 o'clock"......8!!!! When did mail start being delivered at 8PM? I got it by 11 AM for 30 years. What is going on?

@silkyk Don't you watch the news?!

Respected Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

@silkyk Don't you watch the news?!

Do you get your mail at 8PM?

Valued Contributor

Well, Im gonna be a odd voice here but I dont like Amazon. I will not order from Amazon. I will do my due diligence and find what Im looking for elsewhere. It has nothing to do with shipping but to do with Amazon and the benemoth itself. Im in an mba program and when you get to really see the overall negative impact of Amazon and how tends to destroy a culture of a city, takes away local jobs and businesses, the list goes on an on....by the time people catch on it will be too late. 

Therefore, I will not order from Amazon. I support local businesses and will order from them and if I have to pay an extra dime then I will because I know better now. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop