Valued Contributor

Amazon - Impressive Shipping

I usually like to shop direct with retailers, including QVC, as well as Macys, Clinique, Sephora, Kohls, etc.

But why would I when I can go on Amazon's site, click on what I want and it's here the next day????

That's good service and in today's world, no one wants to wait an undetermined amount of time for their item.

What are your experiences with either Amazon or any other retailer - and have your buying habits changed?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon - Impressive Shipping

Amazon is the only one I will order from now.  

After two lost packages through USPS and a huge delay on a third via Fedex, I will only order from them for the foreseeable future.  I am not a Prime member and my orders are either on time or a day early but I get them.

Either that or I go shopping locally and get it myself from the store if I can.  

Honored Contributor

I love Amazon!  The shipping is super fast and I find most things cheaper.  QVC had a pair of Sketchers that was sold out of the color I wanted.  I searched and found it at Amazon for $20 cheaper and got it in two days!!

Esteemed Contributor

I really like Amazon...

I ordered 2 items that they said would come the next day. I followed the tracking and one was delayed and showed up at my distibution center after the truck left. They sent out a second truck in the afternoon with items that missed the first truck.

I got both my items as promised..

Honored Contributor

My sis ordered something yesterday from Amazon (Sunday). It's something for oral care that's hard to find in our city in WA state.

They said it would be delivered by 10 last night and it came around 3 in the afternoon! Of course she has Prime so that likely made a difference.

Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I usually like to shop direct with retailers, including QVC, as well as Macys, Clinique, Sephora, Kohls, etc.

But why would I when I can go on Amazon's site, click on what I want and it's here the next day????

That's good service and in today's world, no one wants to wait an undetermined amount of time for their item.

What are your experiences with either Amazon or any other retailer - and have your buying habits changed?  

@tarsmom  I use Amazon more and more and more....always a great experience. Usually a better price too. Love the fast ship. LOVE MY AMAZON PRIME😍😍❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

i am actually having more issues with amazon delivery than with qvc delivery. over the past week or so i have had three items that i have had to ask for a refund because they went missing. i am a prime member and rarely get next day shipping on my items and if it says next day shipping, i always get an update around 9pm that says "it is running late."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am actually having more issues with amazon delivery than with qvc delivery. over the past week or so i have had three items that i have had to ask for a refund because they went missing. i am a prime member and rarely get next day shipping on my items and if it says next day shipping, i always get an update around 9pm that says "it is running late."

@sunshine45  I've rarely had next day delivery from Amazon either. And I'd agree, though I've ordered a lot more lately from Amazon than I have from QVC, I think QVC's shipping has improved.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Love Amazon! Have been a Prime member for years. Have never been disappointed with their shipping.  One day shipping is awesome. As I stated in another post,  I ordered a hand held vac for my husband to use in his car. Arrived the next afternoon by UPS.  I have also had great shipping with other companies I ordered from on line. Venus, Rock Auto, HSN all items received in a quick, timely fashion.  QVC's shipping on the other hand...

Respected Contributor

We've also been Prime members for years and love it. Their pricing is very good and we usually receive our merchandise on or before the expected delivery date with no shipping charge. Whenever I see something I like on another website, I'll check to see if Amazon carries it. They frequently do and the cost is the same or lower than competitors.