Trusted Contributor

Re: Amazon - Impressive Shipping

I love Amazon too but I do like to spread my on line shopping around. Other retailers need our business too. I try to do my part!!!

Trusted Contributor

@tarsmom  When I use Amazon I am surprised that I get my items within 2 days and I dont' have prime!  I always choose the free shipping option (when available) because I am not in any hurry to get what I ordered. It still gets here so quick! 

Valued Contributor

I read all the responses and didn't realize that's how the Amazon employees are treated.  However, what industry today doesn't have quotas, surveys, goals, deadlines?    

Maybe Amazon 'raises the bar' for other companies to take note on why their consumers are shopping there.  Employees always have a choice where they work.  I would hope Amazon isn't that terrible of a place to work for.  

The American consumer today wants everything now.  Right now - not in two weeks.  Companies have to move with the times.  

Think of it this way, in the old days you wanted a tan?  You layed out all summer.  Then came tanning booths.  Not fast enough for you?  Get a spray tan. 

Unless I hear actual stories about Amazon mistreating their employees - I will continue to use them.  Not for everything but they definitely have the right idea when it comes to service!