Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Imposes Rules For Contract Drivers!

I wonder why they are publicizing this. It seems like a stange thing to make a big deal about. Seems like another solution in search of a problem.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Most companies will have "rules".  I see nothing wrong with this, and while it IS your FB page you never know when the boss is looking at it so best to keep it marked private.  At the very least, never say anything bad about your place of employment.  And companies will definitely not even interview you if they don't like what they see posted.

Honored Contributor

Many companies monitor employees social media posts and yes, people get fired for what they put out there.  I have a friend who was fired from 2 different jobs because of things she put about her job on social media. 

My SIL's employer has a written rule that they are not allowed to mention work at all in social media.  If they do it's a fireable offense. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

You would think that anyone who has a job that may require encountering other people would not have to be told these rules.

@faeriemoon , sad isn't it?  A number of years ago I worked part time for May Credit Center.  When I went through training I will never forget one of the written rules in the handbook stating that we weren't allowed to wear a bathing suit to work.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  LOL; now that's a good one!!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

You would think that anyone who has a job that may require encountering other people would not have to be told these rules.

@faeriemoon , sad isn't it?  A number of years ago I worked part time for May Credit Center.  When I went through training I will never forget one of the written rules in the handbook stating that we weren't allowed to wear a bathing suit to work.  

@Lipstickdiva 

Boy talk about the employer covering ALL bases for employees.. There must be a very interesting story as to why that rule was included...

🤣🤣🤣 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”