Esteemed Contributor

The mainstream media has pushed this myth at we are all bad people. America has lost its morals and we are doomed. Not true. Get off the Internet and you will find that people are kind, generous and full of love. All of us, even those we disagree with. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

The mainstream media has pushed this myth at we are all bad people. America has lost its morals and we are doomed. Not true. Get off the Internet and you will find that people are kind, generous and full of love. All of us, even those we disagree with. 

I don't think media pushes that at all.  We're all bad people?  Where are you seeing  that?  I don't see that at all - in the media or in my daily life.

And I've posted here several times over the years that I believe most people are well-intentioned and kind.  When there are threads about how "the younger generation" is causing society to go to h*ll in a handbasket, and how no one holds doors or says "thank you" anymore, etc, I've always been surprised that people feel that way.

Because I see people doing kind things and the right thing every day.  Older people, younger people.  Yes, there are absolutely people who are selfish and awful, but overwhelmingly I think most are kind and honest and caring.  I don't need to be on or off the internet, or near or far from media to see that.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I do not know why you think honesty is amazing. I could never keep something that did not belong to me. Never considered it amazing.

I too think honesty is amazing...in our world today, yes, sad to say.  Like you I would never keep something that did not belong to me but there are many, many people who would.  Woman Sad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@gmkb

Thank you for sharing that endearing story!❤️

This is funny because I have noticed LTT lately and was thinking to myself that I did not recognize this person...thank you for the note at the bottom...Used to be Lovestoteach (many years).  Now that I recognize, now I know who you are.  Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

I live in a city neighborhood, and there are a variety of elements in my surroundings. Yet, twice now I have had incidents at the Fred Meyer (Kroger) store that could have ended up badly and yet didn't. My billfold fell out of my purse as I was putting groceries into my car, and I didn't know it. I didn't even discover it was gone for a couple of days. When I did, I called the store, and sure enough someone had turned it in...nothing was missing from it. The other time I left my gray purse in a gray shopping cart. I noticed that the minute I got home and returned immediately. Once again, some kind, honest soul turned it in. I was almost hysterical, and the clerk who saw me walk in, knew right away why I was there. It has renewed my faith in human beings. Now, I am hoping that these two incidents have taught me some very dire lessons. I am very careful now not to get distracted.