Frequent Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have been trying to somewhat  busy, since spirit died,cleaning out things,  cutting my hair, digging up flowers, cleaned my car , but i am so lost without him.

@goldensrbest  I understand how lost one can feel after losing their furbaby.  I lost my Scooby, a German Shepherd/Chinese Shar Pei mix, about 5 1/2 years ago just before his 17th birthday.  It was devastating to me at the time, and I still have struggles over it to this very day.  I also felt lost after he was gone.  Hopelessly lost.  I do not know if/when I will ever completely get over it.  I recently moved to a new home in a new town and plan to find another furry friend at the local shelter as soon as I can fence my new yard.  Keep your head up.  The pain may not permanently disappear, but it seems to fade.  It took time, but I eventually got my bearings.  I wish you the best as your heart heals.

Super Contributor

I almost always have every day to myself.  Just came off a fun week with the rest of the family - three little kids.  I love chaos and would choose it any day of the week over being alone.

Esteemed Contributor

I am alone, but I really needed a break from work....so it is perfect. There is nothing better than spending quality time with my cats and have total free time! 

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have been trying to somewhat  busy, since spirit died,cleaning out things,  cutting my hair, digging up flowers, cleaned my car , but i am so lost without him.

I am so sorry about Spirit.  That must make some days seem longer and emptier.  

Respected Contributor

I'm never alone with my dog and cat to keep me company.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  I am thinking of you today and know that "Spirit" is there in your heart.  Much love from Toby Snow and myself!   Happy Labor Day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  I "rescued" a dog from her owner almost 5 years ago. My child's and my dog had passed from Cushing's disease 2 years earlier at age 13, and I didn't want our other fur baby (my 17 1/2 year old fur baby who passed in July) to be alone while I was at work.

A co-worker encouraged me to see about this new dog. The woman had 2 dogs originally, but one died because she put it on the top of the back of her sofa and it fell and broke its spine. I was still grieving over our 1st dog even after 2 years but when she told me that, I couldn't leave without the new dog. She was just a puppy, and as a Papillon grew to only 6 pounds. She's always been a little shy but loves to play. My other fur baby had "mothered" her.

It's almost like a human thing now though: no matter how much I still feel lost and mourn the loss of my fur baby in July (and I still cry), I feel obligated to keep my "rescue" pup happy and entertained, and to keep her from feeling lonely.

But, I also realize we need each other. Giving to her gives me motivation.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest. I'm so sorry you lost your dog Spirit. It's so painful to lose a pet.

I'm alone too, and going through a very painful time in my life. Hard to get through the day. Covid on top of everything else just adds to it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@goldensrbest. I'm so sorry you lost your dog Spirit. It's so painful to lose a pet.

I'm alone too, and going through a very painful time in my life. Hard to get through the day. Covid on top of everything else just adds to it.

I'm sorry to hear that things are especially rough for you right now, @Greeneyedlady21.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ROMARY    What a lovely thought!  Yes, I'm alone today too, as I am all holidays.

@goldensrbest    I bet the day is especially lonely for you without Spirit.  Do you have another dog?  I was thinking you had two.  Do you think you'll get another?  Maybe too soon to know.

I find it too hard ,to live without a golden, but we will see,  in time . Not easy to find a breeder that does all clearences,and can not drive a long way,just me here.

@goldensrbest   I am so very sorry to hear that you lost  your beloved Golden.

I lost mine to cancer last month and it broke my heart.  He was such a special dog and so loved.

I know it truly is a loss.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF