Honored Contributor

Re: Alone on Labor Day

[ Edited ]

Yes, Im alone today....but I did a lot of housework yesterday, put up all my fall/autumn/harvest decor and took care of my patio plants and patio area....so my knee is hurting and I am a bit tired, relaxing and enjoying my clean home and my fall decor....

Tommorrow Im going to my sisters to help her tweak her CHRISTMAS decorations (yes I said CHRISTMAS).....Shes going back to work Tuesday and since they are so far behind she said this was about the only time she had to put her Christmas stuff up since her boss told them in their Zoom meeting Friday, be prepared to work long hours all the way through to the end of the year.....So we are going to enjoy some time together and she's going to barbeque some chicken for us..... HAPPY LABOR DAY! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I'm alone today and will be again tomorrow.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
 @Pearlee wrote:
Today isn't Labor Day. That's tomorrow (Monday).

You somehow can't stop yourself

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I find it too hard ,to live without a golden, but we will see,  in time . Not easy to find a breeder that does all clearences,and can not drive a long way,just me here.

I understand how much you love golden retrievers, and please know I mean no harm or insensitivity with this post. I'm sure the pain is still too fresh to make any decisions right now. 

Down the road though maybe you could consider your local shelter and adopting a mixed breed instead? It might be easier for you to do (no far distance to drive) and there are so many little guys out there looking for the kind of love your home would provide in abundance.

My daughter ended up adopting a mixed breed/mutt of unknown origin about 15 months ago. What a gift from God above he has turned out to be. He loves my daughter and thinks she hung the moon. He's so grateful and happy for the smallest things....I cannot put into words how this addition to our family has changed us all. 

I know you have to make those decisions for yourself. I just wanted to offer that perspective. 

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope the hurting lessens soon. Hang in there. Heart

@goldensrbest  @SunSprite  I know this is too soon but I think eventually maybe you could visit your local shelter if you have one. Ours sometimes have special days to get together with the doggies and see their personalities. It is just something to keep in the back of your mind for down the road. You never know what you may find with all the poor abandoned animals.

Regular Contributor

What a nice post. I agree with you. I am by myself this weekend and am enjoying the free time, trolling the internet- enjoying the nice weather. Simple stuff. Yes there are lots of nice people out there. Thank you for an uplifting comment. I hope that the OP has a nice weekend. 

Honored Contributor
Nice calm weekend here at our house with the 4 of us. Teacher daughter had a mandatory class today, and trucker daughter just got home from 7 days out west. We just ate supper and now I start laundry so my girl can repack and be ready to hit the road again Tuesday.
Honored Contributor

I am so sad for you that you lost your dog.  I guess that's the one in the picture.  I, too, thought you had another one.  If so, then I'm sure that doggy is missing Spirit.

Please consider this, there is a dog, lonelier than you, in a cage, doesn't even understand that you could come along and erase it's miserable existance.  But you could. 

It may even be a golden, or a golden mix. 

Look online, drive to the shelter, you will know because it will be love at first sight.

You can even name it after me.Woman Happy  Because it will be very lucky to have you.

Honored Contributor

Yes.  By myself.

Honored Contributor

I hope all of you who wish you were with someone, remember they are always in your hearts.

I am working all weekend and that's ok. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Any one else by them selves today?

Yes.

And I enjoy it  that way. 

~Life is short. Enjoy everyday as if it is your last day on earth. You could die tomorrow.~