Respected Contributor

Re: Almost $20 For Two Pens?!

I had a pretty pen I bought as an impulse item at at gift store.  It was so poorly designed it actually hurt to hold it.  It is now lost forever. . . .

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

If you like to journal or are a writer, $10 a pen is pretty cheap to have something special to engage in your hobby. 

I think of it as most of the world spending extra money on their cars.  My little economy car does the same thing and will get you to the same place cheaper.  But it's worth it to most people to buy bigger and flashier because of personal comfort and style.  And that's a lot more than an extra $18 bucks for two pens.

To each their own....    

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

H-213682 $18.24 + $3.50 for pens that have crystals and charms on them.

You get two pens for that price.

Yes, they are pretty, but dang! 

If I ever spend that much money for two pens, then I'll need to have my head examined.

@Plaid Pants2  But they are on special -marked down from $22 to $19.98.  Which is, in sales lingo, under $20.  Not to mention the $2 savings. LOL

They look particularly uncomfortable to me.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Well, I guess buying  a Mont Blanc pen is out of the question for any of these posters .....  lol

Related image

Related image

Related image

Respected Contributor

I lose too many to spend money on them.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ALRATIBA@Plaid Pants2If it fits your values and your wallets, you should keep right on buying the least expensive pens you can find.  But you're talking your values, your needs, not those of the buyers.  

@millieshops

You're right ... pens and pencils are just tools for me ... it's the words that I write that are important, not what I used to write them.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this presentation. Lori was over the moon about the pens. The same pen that she writes with on Shark Tank.

Loved when she said that when you buy the pens that you are also getting the beautiful crystal charms attached to them. Big deal. So giddy over junk.

Respected Contributor

I wanted a "fancy" pen to set on the table at a shower.  I found a pretty pink one with crystals at the dollar store.  Thank goodness all you had to write was your name because that thing was so uncomfortabe to use.  I'll stick with my Bic Round Stic.

Super Contributor

I worked at a small family owned stationary and office supply store a few years ago. At the very back of the store was the fine pen counter. I remember some of the pens cost upwards to a few hundred dollars. I was able to try out a few of pens and for the most part they did write very smoothly and felt good in the hand. Personally though if I did splurge and buy one I would probably have it for only a couple of days and then I would misplace it and never see it again.🖌💵 🙄🤦‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Pens come in a variety of price ranges... I sort of doubt these are truly nicer pens, just tarted up pens... but truly good pens can cost a lot more than this... Like anything else, it gets down to those things that, as individuals, we value... I've always liked nicer pens, but like most people, tend to use the cheapies most often... Some of them write well and you don't have to be concerned about misplacing them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...