Respected Contributor

Alabama Disappearance

[ Edited ]

A 25-year-old woman called 911 Thursday night to say there was a child walking alone on I-459 and she was stopping to check on it.

She then called a family member to tell them the same thing. The woman suddenly stopped talking but did not hang up.

When the police arrived they found the woman's car and cell phone. No sign of her or the child.

Not an easy investigation. Hoping for a good outcome.

Google: Carlethia Russell missing

Honored Contributor

Hate to think someone might be using a child to entice and kidnap someone.  

I shared her missing poster on Facebook yesterday although I didn't know at the time the circumstances about her disappearance. 

Trusted Contributor

Probably using the child as a decoy in order to kidnap the woman. Terrifying.

When I was a teenager in the 1990s we had someone placing a baby stroller on the road to get people to stop. They would then rob the person. Police were warning people not to stop for out of the ordinary things on the road. I don't think they were ever caught. Very scary.

Honored Contributor

I shared this story on my social media pages as well.  Sadly, it's not the first time toddlers have been used as decoys in human trafficking & kidnapping.  

She was on the phone with her SIL telling her the same thing she told 911 about seeing the toddler.  She got out of her car to go to the toddler.  Then her SIL says she heard Carlethia scream, then heard highway background noise.

So scary & sad.

Esteemed Contributor

This story is absolutely terrifying and sad. More than likely she did not even think about it. You see a child on the side of the road most people with a heartbeat are going to stop and try to help.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alabama Disappearance

[ Edited ]

WOW!! Now you can't even stop to help a child or an adult. At this point, I would stay in my car & call the police. 

What a sad world we live in 🥲.

Trusted Contributor

Went and read the article as had not heard about this. Very disturbing to think about using a child to lure some innocent person who's stopping out of concern. I do hope she is found alive....she sounds like a lovely woman. 

Unfortunately in the world we live in, it would have been better for her to remain in her car, watch the child, and wait for the authorities she had called to get there. Soooo sad.

Esteemed Contributor

How cruel to use a child in this way and to use a person's kindness and compassion to their detriment.

Hoping for the best and that the kindhearted Carlethia Russell be found safe. Heart

Honored Contributor

I heard about this yesterday @PickyPicky3 .  This is so terrible.  Praying for a good outcome for this beautiful lady.  

Esteemed Contributor

What have we come to as a society.  It's dangerous and becoming more so out there.  

At least that Long Island Serial killer has been found and stopped.  

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust