Honored Contributor

i take down the decorations and tree sometime within the second week of the new year. it has to stay up at least through epiphany.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor
When we were first married and when our girls were under 5, the tree and decorations went away on the 26th.

I was working once the girls were in school, so everything stayed up until their break was over after New Year's, altho we had live trees then, and sometimes for safety reasons the tree had to go out sooner.

The first year I retired, the tree stayed up all year, and I have repeated that two more times.

This year was another no tree year, and only very simple decor inside that isn't in my way, so it will stay until January 7th.
Respected Contributor

I don't put the tree up until the 2nd week of December, so I am in no rush to take it down after the 25th.  Usually sometime after the January 6th.  

This year since it is decorated all in silver I have thought about adding a bunch of red bulbs and keeping it up until Valentine's Day.

DH enjoys the tree, don't know how many years we have remaining so why not let him enjoy it a little longer.

Honored Contributor

I was raised that it was bad luck to have your tree up past New Years Eve.

When I decorate, it all comes down on the 26th. And I don't decorate until 2 weeks before Chrostmas. Two weeks is more than enough for me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I took ours down Sunday.

We are having new carpeting installed in our bedroom Thursday and I didn't need all that out along with the bedroom throwing up all over the rest of the house trying to move furniture in and out.

Honored Contributor

Jan 1.  

Honored Contributor

Re: After Christmas Poll

[ Edited ]

Depending on the day of the week it falls on, either the weekend of or after the Epiphany.

Respected Contributor

Day after New Years Day.  That's how my parents did it, that's how we do it!  Tradition!

Honored Contributor

We wait until after the new year. Because of blowing snow being predicted, we took down the outside decorations. However, the tree, and the presents under it, will stay.

Respected Contributor

January 6th.