Honored Contributor

ACA insurance has been a loser from the beginning.  many insurance companies are pulling out because they are losing money.  premiums have also gone up so much that it is almost impossible for anyone to afford,

the only people who who are making out ok are lower income people.  Thery are getting breaks and affordable insurance e because the middle income people are helping to pay with their high premiums.  

It definetly needs an over overhaul as it is imploding. 

I have read reports that Medicare Advantage Plans might be next.  I hope not!  Insurance companies are losing money on those plans too and they are dropping many programs.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Trusted Contributor

This is a hot mess!!

Changes are needed and will be coming at some point.

Esteemed Contributor

As long as insurance companies call the shots, we'll suffer. Their CEOs make gazillions every year while the poor subscribers are just that...poor. Special interests rule. I expect to be zapped.

Honored Contributor

I just don't have a boo-hoo in me for the poor insurance companies.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I just don't have a boo-hoo in me for the poor insurance companies.

I can't say I blame you.  It's not the insurance companies I feel sorry for.  It's the people who are stuck with high premiums, high deductibles and coinsurance.

They are paying high premiums for insurance that they can't use because they can't afford the high out of pocket costs before insurance e kicks in and pays anything.

Honored Contributor

The House bill just passed today

Esteemed Contributor

We are the greatest country in the world. Yet we are the only civilized nation that doesn't guarantee healthcare for all.It's appalling that we can spend money on wars.We can provide aide to other countries.But we can't come up with a plan or the money to insure our citizens. Shame on us!!

Esteemed Contributor

I got a notice in the mail this morning that our insurance is going up ...again. My deductible also went up........again

Honored Contributor

No one knows how much this thing is going to cost, what the details are and how many will lose coverage,  but they're cheering like it's the Academy Awards.