Respected Contributor

So Aetna is pulling out of Virginia and United Health is likely to also.

Wow.

Respected Contributor

I read about Aetna.  I didn't hear anything about United yet.

I'm not surprised...

Honored Contributor

Meanwhile last week Blue Cross here in Florida said they are doing just fine with ACA and heaven knows, Florida is a huge part of the swamp surrounding the District of Columbia even though it's 1000 miles south!

I can't begin to separate fact from fiction any longer, so I think it's all fiction!  Just know it's going to cost me money in the long run.

Esteemed Contributor

Really!  What happened? 

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

It always makes me laugh (and not in a good way) when these companies say they are "losing millions" (or even billions).  Somehow they still manage to make astronomical profits and pay shareholders big dividends.

If they were losing that much, they'd be in bankruptcy, but they're clearly not.

I do know that, when my former company switched us to United Healthcare, it was a disaster.  They were the worst health provider we ever had to deal with.  Costs went up and even getting a pretty straightforward claim paid was a battle.  Sometimes my colleagues and I would just pay things ourselves, rather than fight it out with them.

Even our head boss at the time told us that, if our claims were denied, to resubmit them, because UHC was "counting" on people not to.  Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Really!  What happened? 

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/03/news/economy/aetna-virginia-obamacare/

The last paragraph in the linked article could be very telling about insurance going forward because the bill does repeal the cost-sharing subsidies.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

I work at a doctor's office and when I call Aetna I am talking to the Phillipines, but when a subscriber calls them they are talking to an American.  Very frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

It always makes me laugh (and not in a good way) when these companies say they are "losing millions" (or even billions).  Somehow they still manage to make astronomical profits and pay shareholders big dividends.

If they were losing that much, they'd be in bankruptcy, but they're clearly not.

I do know that, when my former company switched us to United Healthcare, it was a disaster.  They were the worst health provider we ever had to deal with.  Costs went up and even getting a pretty straightforward claim paid was a battle.  Sometimes my colleagues and I would just pay things ourselves, rather than fight it out with them.

Even our head boss at the time told us that, if our claims were denied, to resubmit them, because UHC was "counting" on people not to.  Smiley Frustrated

@Venezia, they lie!  People believe it though.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Heard Iowa is losing their last insurer for certain plans. I also know there is a Congressional vote today on the health care bill. Maybe that will change things in the states mentioned.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)