Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@K9buddy wrote:

I was just reading about sharke’s addiction to jackets and realizing that I have an addiction to purchasing vacuum cleaners. I have 12 of them. Some corded and some cordless.  

Does anyone else have a purchasing addiction?

@K9buddy, apparently, you got sucked in.

Haha.  Looks that way. 

Trusted Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

You own 12 vacuums and it just hit you that you have an addiction?

Haha.  I guess it made me remember I have a vacuum addiction.  

Respected Contributor

Collecting cardinal designs on almost anything.

Honored Contributor

@K9buddy 

While and recovering from several addictions, buying anything is not one of them. My mom taught me the value of a penny earned when I was 7 years old. You wouldn't want to be around me and see all the things I do before making any purchase over a couple bucks.

Unless something is necessary, I ain't buying it.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

You ladies are such good sports to share your obsessions.  It’s been fun reading them all.  It’s also comforting to know that I’m not alone with the vacuum addiction.

Honored Contributor

There is always chocolate within reach at home - sometimes fun size of assorted - Snickers, Reese's- MMs - right now I have a large bag of 

Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 8.10.14 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3,

My girls would also rather have my money than my stuff.   Therefore I have been dealing with my stuff for the last 7 years; I feel I am right sized and have just exactly what I need.   I have the least amount of personal stuff than my husband or my daughters.

Every single item of my clothing (including coats) that’s in this house right now, will fit into a 40 gallon Rubbermaid storage tote.  

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

There are always something that we can't get enough.  I'm a major jeans w h o r e.  I've lost count of how many I have.  Also they are not cheap, but the expensive premiums ones.  I have big chest full of the them folded.  After that got full, I've been adding a few new ones in another chest. Other things don't hold my interest.  I know women collect hand bags.  I loath them.  Do't want any parts of them. If you look my my entire wardrobe.  Only about 30% are actually something not denim.  I just got another jean from Paige.  It will be coming this week.

@songbird...I love reading your posts about some of your new jeans in the Fashion forum.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

There are always something that we can't get enough.  I'm a major jeans w h o r e.  I've lost count of how many I have.  Also they are not cheap, but the expensive premiums ones.  I have big chest full of the them folded.  After that got full, I've been adding a few new ones in another chest. Other things don't hold my interest.  I know women collect hand bags.  I loath them.  Do't want any parts of them. If you look my my entire wardrobe.  Only about 30% are actually something not denim.  I just got another jean from Paige.  It will be coming this week.

@songbird...I love reading your posts about some of your new jeans in the Fashion forum.

It's actually pathetic how little non denim clothes I have.  I mean, I love clothes as most normal women do, but I have to have a good, qualtiy jean.  LOL.  Why?  I would love to know....

The jean that's coming is a very cute slouchy rolled up straight jean. I always buy them online without trying them on.  98% of the time they fit me perfectly.  I can get in to them blind folded.  Small bum, skinny hips, little waist.  That's all you need to get in to them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sunsetbeach   I bought so many soft ( & hard ) Birkis that it was impossible to keep them in the closets, 

I had a spare laundry hamper with a lid in the garage so they live there. It has holes for air and I can see through to match them. 

The shoe boxes were awful because I couldn’t see them so just kept a closet full.

I love the soft footneds and my best friend does also. There is a Birkenstock store in my town but I haven’t been in it in years because I have so many.

Also, I LOVE designer handbags, Louis Vuitton, Judith Lieber and Brahmin, etc, etc!

Also, there’s jewelry. But it would take forever to list.