Trusted Contributor

I was just reading about sharke’s addiction to jackets and realizing that I have an addiction to purchasing vacuum cleaners. I have 12 of them. Some corded and some cordless.  

Does anyone else have a purchasing addiction?

Respected Contributor

Ok before anyone says anything else here, I think you win for craziest addiction!  That is so funny!  You must have one sparkling clean household!  

I guess I can admit to an addiction to Vince Camuto shoes and sandals.  I have a large collection and yet always want more.  And shower gel. For someone reason I hoard it like they are not going to make anymore for the rest of eternity!  Korres, Perlier and Philosophy only, no other brandds.  There, I've admitted my addictions.  I feel cleansed!

Honored Contributor

Sandals, I won’t even count them, it’s embarrassing. 😔

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Shoes, shoes & more shoes!! And handbags!!

Honored Contributor

Definitely not vacuum cleaners.  I have two addictions; jeans and diamond jewelry.  There are so many amazing jeans and jean jackets out there that I just cannot stop myself from buying "just one more" pair of jeans or denim jacket.  I see it for what it is but I can't stop.  The diamond jewelry is from ShopLC; they sell the most amazing white and colored jewelry in platinum over sterling.  It started with a yellow diamond ring and went from there.  The prices are so reasonable that I put a piece on Easy Pay for 3 months and when that is paid... I buy another piece.  I think I have an addictive personality but it's limited to denim and jewelry.  I'm ok with that.

Esteemed Contributor

No addiction here @K9buddy , but I do admit to owning an unreasonable amount of WEN products. Enough to stash some away unopened in cool storage.

Love them all!!

And ... I've always loved vacuums.

Own at least a dozen of them, old to new. A few were thrown away before I got my hands on them.

But I'd much rather diagnose issues, replace worn parts, repair wiring, and clean rollers & filters than actually vacuum the house.

-we each have our own talents.

Valued Contributor

I have a very addictive personality, not a great attribute.  At least I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs.

Louis Vuitton - since 2002 every special occasion plus lots of preowned purchases

Pietro Alessandro Brooklyn bags - like potato chips to me

Danskin clothing from Walmart - I was depressed when they stopped selling so much of it

J.Jill linen shirts

White shorts and pants - if I could wear nothing but white shorts and pants I would be glad

Lilly Pulitzer stuff

Soft Footbed Birki's (not Birkenstocks) in size 37R they used to sell on QVC, I now stalk on ebay.  They are the only shoe that actually fits my foot. 

Things I used to collect - dolls - I have some 36" Betty Jane Carter dolls from QVC years ago

Honored Contributor

I have two addictions, lipstick and rings.  I bet I have over 200 rings and 150 lipsticks.  The rest of my beauty and jewelry items fall in a "normal" range.  

Respected Contributor

I have a much more pragmatic addiction.  I stockpile toilet paper.  Buy a big package almost weekly.  And it’s just me here!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Definitely not vacuum cleaners.  I have two addictions; jeans and diamond jewelry.  There are so many amazing jeans and jean jackets out there that I just cannot stop myself from buying "just one more" pair of jeans or denim jacket.  I see it for what it is but I can't stop.  The diamond jewelry is from ShopLC; they sell the most amazing white and colored jewelry in platinum over sterling.  It started with a yellow diamond ring and went from there.  The prices are so reasonable that I put a piece on Easy Pay for 3 months and when that is paid... I buy another piece.  I think I have an addictive personality but it's limited to denim and jewelry.  I'm ok with that.

Wait now you just made me realize I too have a major jeans addiction! Like, I look into the jeans drawer which is rather large and stuffed to the brim and I'm like, what are all these?  Which ones are which?  It's daunting to find a specific pair that I haven't worn in a while.  I haven't figured out a good storage solution for this problem.