Esteemed Contributor

IT'S FALL

It's starting to get dark earlier.

Make sure you fill your gas tank before sunset.

Keep an extra charger with you at all times.

Signing up for AAA is a GREAT idea!

Check your tires and oil.

No ATM runs in the evening.

Park in well lit areas.

Only unlock your doors if you are immediately

getting out of your car.

Pay attention to your surroundings.

HEADS UP.  PHONES DOWN.

Stay Safe.

Sent to me via Facebook from a friend.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Excellent advice ! Thanks for posting

Honored Contributor

Re: ATTENTION LADIES

[ Edited ]

My daughter was trying to make her boyfriend understand why she doesn't take the dog for long walks at night.

She lives right in the city of Denver.  There are homeless people camped out on the sidwalks.

I told her to save her breath and her words. He's a male and he doesn't know or understand what it's like being female.

From the moment we step outside we know to totally be aware of our surroundings.  Take the dog out to do her business before it gets very late.  

The minute she finishes turn around and go back home.  

It's best to not go to the bank or grocery store at night.  If you don't have something for dinner...wait til tomorrow to shop for food.

I'm soon 75 years old.  I, like many of you, remember being a kid in the summer, playing hide and seek in the dark. Just had to be home at 9:00 PM.  No one worried, they knew we were safe.

We knew all of our neighbors ...even those around the block.  Strangers stuck out immediately.

But that was a more innocent time.  These days one must never take anything for granted.

This daughter is my youngest.  She's the one who used to say I was way too cautious.  I was causing her to be aware at all times.

That's OK.  I'll take the blame because I obviously did my job well...she's finally cautious.

I do feel sad though.  I yearn for a time like I had and many of you had.  A time when things were...well...easier?  Is that the right word?🥲

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I've been to downtown denver,and never ever saw homeless ppl sleeping on sidewalks.its not that I don't believe you,I've just never saw it.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , 

I will pass this important info on,

Respected Contributor

Excellent advice and thanks for posting as we can't be reminded too much to practice safety measures.  I was a young adult in a very different time.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of political links.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reminder @Lindsays Grandma! I think with all we've been through, and now that we're getting out more, it would be easy to let our guards down.

This world has changed and our communities have changed, but I can say for certainty they are NOT safer!  Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

My friends and I often talk about how we were always outside with each other, going to movies, concerts, not in fear, just being kids and teens.  Sadly now we do have to be careful as many things have changed and we have to be alert as to our surroundings and not lower our guard.  Good advice in your post, Lindsays Grandma!

Honored Contributor

Good job.  Also carry your keys, or a similar weapon to be, in case you need it for protection.